Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    What do you'll think about a 12 button Pad with different sound loops ????
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    What do you'll think about a 12 button Pad with different sound loops ????
    i would opt more toward a bank of sound effects that can be applied to music rather than a bank of sound loops.

like flanger, 2,4,8,16 beat cut, ect

heres a small list of some examples.

VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - Effects

unless this is already planned. in that case, a sound bank with sounds like a tornado siren, ect would be nice also, it would be even cooler if you could upload your own sound samples to the different buttons.
    unless this is already planned. in that case, a sound bank with sounds like a tornado siren, ect would be nice also, it would be even cooler if you could upload your own sound samples to the different buttons.
    I think this can be done. i look in to it more.

You would need to rename you sounds to
    1 2 3 4 pad 1
    5 6 7 8 pad 2
    9 10 11 12 pad 3

So it would be like this. 1.mp3 .....

That is the way it is for now but we can work on it more if people like this feature
    Last edited by warlord9159; 07/21/2011 at 08:25 PM.

As for the sound effects applied to the current song. Josh would need to say if it could be done.

This is being worked on and is not the way it will look when done.
    Just testing for now.
    Will only work in Chrome

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/cmcs.Beatpad
    Last edited by warlord9159; 07/21/2011 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    This is being worked on and is not the way it will look when done.
    Just testing for now.
    Will only work in Chrome

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/cmcs.Beatpad
    THAT is AMAZING!!! So cool./
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    TY. i just need to know what sounds to add.
    I could make it with more buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Jet,
    And before anyone asks, let me stress again, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to have two different sound output streams at this point in time. Maybe in the future HP will decide to play favorites and give some other developer that ability, but I know for sure I won't be given access to that kind tech.
    Just a general comment. That is it's not about you or you're software.

I don't have a tablet but i used to dj a lot and am always interested in software related to djing. I think this issue is the single most problematic aspect of all these djing softwares. It's basically impossible to mix if you can't hear turntable 1 in the headphones and turntable two in a set of external speakers.

I was a hip-hop dj and that's how it's done. With computers you'd need second sound cards if i remember correctly.

Finally, due to an inherent latency in the way HP decide to implement their music API, there will be a slight delay between user input and playback. That is unavoidable, but I will work with the community on how best to handle it.
    Could be another problem if you're relying on zero delay when you drop a beat. You'd always have problems hitting a beat if they don't seek perfectly. That stuff may not be an issue for other forms of djing. i don't listen to techno and house and that kind of stuff where you may not be putting you're hands on the simulated turntables as much. All that being said i'd guess if you're serious you may want actual decks, and serato or something, so it may not matter, lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    SnotBoogie:

I agree with you completely. If I could find a way around either problem, I would implement it. Because of those limitations, I view this really more as a fun toy to show off the pad and goof around rather than a serious musical tool.

At this point, HP is basically wasting the potential of the better sound card. But, that is sadly par for the course when it comes to programming for WebOS.
    SnotBoogie:

I agree with you completely. If I could find a way around either problem, I would implement it. Because of those limitations, I view this really more as a fun toy to show off the pad and goof around rather than a serious musical tool.

At this point, HP is basically wasting the potential of the better sound card. But, that is sadly par for the course when it comes to programming for WebOS.
    Noticed an update out! Going to play around with it.

Have you sent a request into HP about those API limitations? I know it may seem like a shot in the dark, but your app is also one of a kind right now so they may do a little something for you... i hope anyway
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    SnotBoogie:

yeah, i am not technically inclined enough to know solutions to such things. I just know when i quit djing i always dreamed of some sort of way to dj adequately on a computer to make mixtapes without turntables. And for at least 10 years the same dual audio problem seems to exist in all kinds of software like traktor and stuff. like i said i think the only real solution is to have two soundcards but again i'm not technical enough to know if that's truly the only way.

I did figure this would be just for fun.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Bb:

I mention it in almost every post on the developer forum I make, but it's not gonna happen. If DanPLC can't get changes for made for (remix) then it is pretty hopeless for us indie developers. I mean I am proud of Audiophile, but (remix) is basically the banner app when it comes to WebOS music and look how he has been treated.

The fact is that I have lost all confidence in the WebOS engineering team.
    I think the app has tremendous potential. There are a few issues as I began to play with the app. I apologize ahead of time if I repeat something you are already aware of. PT
    Music Time does not start at 0:00 or reset to actual time on the track
    DJ Mode: Title of song appears on one turntable and not the other
    Music time function again (when do you fade to the new song if you can not see ending time and the new song does not reset to zero on the turntable playing)
    Need ability to cue next song on opposite turntable without starting.

Great potential.
    Bb:
    I mean I am proud of Audiophile, but (remix) is basically the banner app when it comes to WebOS music and look how he has been treated.

The fact is that I have lost all confidence in the WebOS engineering team.
    I think it's time you took a step back and looked at things from a broader perspective.

For one thing, HP and David Guetta are preparing a mixing application for the Touchpad set to be released next month (or in the fall). Naturally, they are going to limit app development in this genre prior to the release of their in house sponsored (highly paid for) application. After its release, the doors should be wide open again for other application development in this arena.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I don't know TTB. Why would they not want to have more ghan one app in the field? Palm is still putting out fires rather than extending the OS right now, most likely, while apple is centered on extending the hw to devs and limiting it where they don't think it is up to par, hence you have touchOSC and MIXR on the ipad with low latency
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I don't know TTB. Why would they not want to have more ghan one app in the field? Palm is still putting out fires rather than extending the OS right now, most likely, while apple is centered on extending the hw to devs and limiting it where they don't think it is up to par, hence you have touchOSC and MIXR on the ipad with low latency
    I don't want to spend much time debating this topic other than posing one question I believe holds relevance, How much in-house app development does Apple really sponsor or produce itself? We now know HP is focusing a huge amount of energy and $$ in this area.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/15/2011 at 02:18 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I don't want to spend much time debating this topic other than posing one question I believe holds relevence, How much in-house app development does Apple really sponsor or produce itself? We now know HP is focusing a huge amount of energy and $$ in this area.
    Understood. It's admittedly difficult to tell how the money is split.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I hate to drudge up an old conversation here, and I may sound silly saying this; but has anyone tried running one of the several DJ apps available for Ubuntu Linux on the TP? Either thru a solid Linux install or in the card setup?

I'm thinking of trying it...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi!

I have just released a DJ app for the TouchPad. It's called DJPad and it's available right now. It is a 100% PDK app and is very low-latency. However, it's pretty simple in V1 as I wanted to get it to the market quick and will now add features as requested.

I posted a separate thread about the app, please make any comments / feature requests there:

DJPad: DJ application for TouchPad

Thanks!
    Tom
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12