Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    Did it! I'm downloading "Serenity" to this TouchPad as I type this post on it too! Figured this would be a great movie on carry around on this TouchPad and also show off to friends and interested parties. $9.95 to own.

To dcbo89, the prices I've seen to own range from $9.95 to $11.95. To rent for 1 to 2 days depending on the flick is $2.99, of those I've looked at.
    Nice choice! I have the complete Firefly series and Serenity on my TouchPad. Never get tired of watching them.
    capt4chris likes this.
    I bought Ace Ventura - Pet Detective last night and the video quality is awesome! That looks way sharper than DVD video to me. It was 1.2gigs download that only took about 10-15 minutes on my Comcast connection. I also love that it saves your pause location for the next time you launch that movie! Very slick. Hope the prices drop though. Redbox pricing would have me using it all the time!
    Does anyone know if movies purchased on the HP Movie store can be watched on any other device? (PC, XBOX etc)? I would assume it would be possible for RoxioNow to partner with other companies to facilitate this, but I don't know if it's set up that way. The RoxioNow.com web site is as useless as any web site I've ever seen.

The only thing I see is this:

Universal accessibility to premium and personal content from any device with a RoxioNow logo

But they don't really list which devices those are.
    if you are willing to spend 5.99 to find out, I saw that free willy 3 could be purchased for that price.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I have a PS3 attached to my 65" TV with 6.1 surround which is where I would want to watch most of my movies. So I'm wondering if that's possible with movies purchased through the HP Movie store/Touchpad?

-Skippy
    A quick search shows that HP has the Movie Store (powered by RoxioNow) available for download onto your computer/laptop. You can check it and let us know (I'm at work and can't do it from here).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    What's the quality for those prices? Is it 720p HD, I'd hope?
    That's a good question. If its like most other similar services then some are SD and some are HD. Unfortunately the app doesn't distinguish.

I'd also like to know more details regarding the service. Specifically, where can you play this media? Tablet, phone, computer, streaming to my main entertainment system, etc...

I have Blockbuster powered by RoxioNow on my Blu-Ray player but that as well as other RoxioNow sites seem to have different content than what's in the HP Movie Store. Whats the point in HP selecting RoxioNow if the only similarity is in name...
    If someone purchases or rents, try the link in Post #47 and let us know if it allows you to view your movies on your computer too.

<threads merged to keep the questions in one spot>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If someone purchases or rents, try the link in Post #47 and let us know if it allows you to view your movies on your computer too.

<threads merged to keep the questions in one spot>
    I can't get that app to install on my win7 ultimate x64 sony vaio. After I hit next and its extracting, it just sorta disappears and does nothing. Will try again on my netbook later.
    My experience...
    Signed up, then bought/downloaded The Closer Season 6 episode 1. Video great.

The bad: Audio great through the credits, but then no audio at all.

The Good: called the support line. Was connected to a real person in well under a minute. Agent was very professional, courteous and worked with me until resolved. Finally, they gave me episode 2 at no charge to see if it worked. It downloaded and worked great, so it appears I randomly picked the 1% of corrupted files. Was told to check back in a few hours to download the first file again and it would be fixed...
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't get that app to install on my win7 ultimate x64 sony vaio. After I hit next and its extracting, it just sorta disappears and does nothing. Will try again on my netbook later.
    I had a similar experience... tried again and it installed (relatively) quickly... trying to find a movie now that I might actually want to watch more than once to buy. (I don't see the Princess Bride).
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I just tried to download and install it myself and it extracted and installed... but after that there is nothing. I'm guessing that it is an app that ties into an HP app on specific computers of theirs. Nuts.
    Looks like the PC based version has a lot more movies. The Portable and PC versions of the movies are different format (there is an option to download one or both), and some movies apparently aren't available in portable format (eg. The Sound of Music).
    I just tried to download and install it myself and it extracted and installed... but after that there is nothing. I'm guessing that it is an app that ties into an HP app on specific computers of theirs. Nuts.
    Yep! I found it under Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Media Smart\RoxioNow\RNow.exe
    Loaded it, logged in just as on the TouchPad and see the movie I purchased. It's downloading now and says I can already play it. Awesome that we can view our purchased movies on multiple devices! Thx for the link!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Hey Awesome! You found the app! LOL I'll be making a shortcut to that for the desktop! Great news for members here!

Here's what it looks like on the computer:

Attached Images Attached Images
    A quick search shows that HP has the Movie Store (powered by RoxioNow) available for download onto your computer/laptop. You can check it and let us know (I'm at work and can't do it from here).
    No love for us OSX users? Im saddened and dismayed Hope it comes soon cause this is exciting.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    why do I get an error saying need to install v1 of the software?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123