Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #21  
    It seems in line with Amazon movie pricing. Let's hope it does have same day release as the welcome email indicated.

"Welcome and thank you for registering with the HP MovieStore, powered by RoxioNow.com.

The HP MovieStore delivers:
    Access to the best movies Hollywood has to offer on the same day they release on DVD – 90 days before you’ll see them elsewhere.
    Next-day TV of the most popular shows airing right now so you can quickly catch up on episodes you may have missed.
    So sit back and start watching now.

Thank you,
    Your friends at HP MovieStore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    *sigh* yet another platform-critical app not available outside the USA
    yup

this is probably the crtc delaying or causing issues as per usual
    and more to come...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Space Jam!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I just don't see how the movie store can be successful. I can buy the same stuff on Amazon and watch it on my TiVo or computer, for less money. Why would I buy it again to watch on my tablet? I just want to see the Flash player actually be able to handle the streaming from Amazon.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    I just don't see how the movie store can be successful. I can buy the same stuff on Amazon and watch it on my TiVo or computer, for less money. Why would I buy it again to watch on my tablet? I just want to see the Flash player actually be able to handle the streaming from Amazon.
    I can't watch on my Tivo when I'm on a business trip.

I could watch on my laptop, but I plan to bring that only when required.
  7.    #27  
    So I've been playing with the app.

1. It's nice to have it sort by "New Arrivals" but I'd really like it sorted by "New Releases"
    2. I hope they offer 1.99 special deals like Amazon.
    3. And what does "Vault" mean?
    Last edited by Rockett0; 07/19/2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: I went to public grade school.
    Thanks, BBooDoc! I downloaded a sneak peek clip of "Little ****ers" for "$0". Took a few minutes to download a 2:50 minute clip; the receipt arrived before the download completed! But it's cool to do, never downloaded a movie ever. Like Mercule, it's not my kinda thing. Went through the catalog some more and was excited to see Universal monster movies. I watched the trailers for "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" and "Revenge of the Creature". Since none of them are on Blu-ray yet, I can probably talk myself into downloading these too. But I'm definitely excited about the opportunity to get black and white classics (and not so classics) on my TouchPad. I mean, when I think about it, watching a classic b&w on a 21st century tablet, it cracks me up! (That's a good thing!)
    Last edited by TPadDay14Me; 07/19/2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: random typos
    what are prices like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    I just want to see the Flash player actually be able to handle the streaming from Amazon.
    What's wrong with it?

Seems to work fine for me... granted i only used it to watch some trailers because it doesn't let me order with a canada account.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Did it! I'm downloading "Serenity" to this TouchPad as I type this post on it too! Figured this would be a great movie on carry around on this TouchPad and also show off to friends and interested parties. $9.95 to own.

To dcbo89, the prices I've seen to own range from $9.95 to $11.95. To rent for 1 to 2 days depending on the flick is $2.99, of those I've looked at.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    What's the quality for those prices? Is it 720p HD, I'd hope?
    Man the geo locking sucks. I understand why the Movie Store content might be delayed for Europe due to rights, but App should be here with everyone else. The Kindle App works, even in German for a lucky few that were able to download it through unknown means, but with that App there is no reason for a delayed European release. This is quite frustrating. At least if there was info about when things would be released. "Soon" can be tomorrow or at the end of the year.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    nice quality on movies good framerates!
    anyone have the feed for impostah, does it work outside of us?
    isnt it possible to atleast install with impostah?
    nm, found it. Com.palm.app.moviestore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    It seems in line with Amazon movie pricing. Let's hope it does have same day release as the welcome email indicated.

"Welcome and thank you for registering with the HP MovieStore, powered by RoxioNow.com.

The HP MovieStore delivers:
    Access to the best movies Hollywood has to offer on the same day they release on DVD – 90 days before you’ll see them elsewhere.
    Next-day TV of the most popular shows airing right now so you can quickly catch up on episodes you may have missed.
    So sit back and start watching now.

Thank you,
    Your friends at HP MovieStore
    I have a Premier account with Amazon and you can access Amazon Premier with the TP. A lot of movies are free so I watch those. I was going to compare these prices to the movies that I have to pay for. If it's the same price, I'll get it from the MovieStore to show some support. Otherwise, Amazon works for me.
    What is the Movie Store App ID?
    Devices

Com.palm.app.moviestore
    Devices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast