1.    #1  
    I seem to be missing posts from friends in my facebook news feed in the Touchpad facebook app.

It's not certain friends who are entirely missing since I will see some posts from from a friend, but some of that same friend's posts will be missing. I can't even see the missing posts if I go to one of the friends profiles and look on their wall, but I see everything if I go to the facebook website.

This doesn't seem to be an issue many others are having since a search didn't find anything.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Skippy
    I have this issue too and have been waiting for someone to mention/solve it.
    I'm kind of inclined to believe it's something on the Facebook side. I feel like I see this behavior via the regular web client. My news feed doesn't pull stories from a LOT of my friends. I think it's trying to be "smart" and utterly failing.

Or maybe they've all just put me on a block list
    I know on the website there is a toggle between 'top news' and 'most recent' I am underwhelmed with the feed on the TP as it usually displays the same amount of updates in a day as I get through the site in 3 hours.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    I'm kind of inclined to believe it's something on the Facebook side. I feel like I see this behavior via the regular web client. My news feed doesn't pull stories from a LOT of my friends. I think it's trying to be "smart" and utterly failing.

Or maybe they've all just put me on a block list
    facebook does try and be smart, have you scrolled to the bottom of you news feed (on the website) and clicked Edit Options. That will pop up a box where you need to make sure Show Posts From is set to all friends and pages.

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    facebook does try and be smart, have you scrolled to the bottom of you news feed (on the website) and clicked Edit Options. That will pop up a box where you need to make sure Show Posts From is set to all friends and pages.

-Skippy
    Does that translate to the app? My problem is that I get all updates on the site but not the app.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Does that translate to the app? My problem is that I get all updates on the site but not the app.
    Well, it hasn't for me since I have it set to display posts from all friends and pages but I'm still missing posts from my facebook app that do appear on the facebook website.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Posted the following in a thread in this section:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-newsfeed.html

I think it's a permissions issue, where some Facebook users have their accounts set up to allow access to third party apps and some do not. If you investigate the missing updates more deeply, I bet it's the same users whose updates are not displayed. Moreover, if you look at the profiles of those users from within the webOS app, you will not be able to see any details (or access their photos, etc).

This has been an issue since day one for the WebOS app (eg, even for phones), and I don't see why it doesn't receive more attention. It pretty much renders all third party Facebook apps useless to me.