Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gbafam
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Is anyone aware of any TP PDF annotation apps available or likely to be available soon? It seems odd to me that an enterprise tablet would not have pdf programs that would be, you know, useful to pdf users. I assume, eventually, Iannotate or goodreader will be available but neither seems to be available now and no similar product is available as far as I can tell.
    KallistiMan and Jcarucci like this.
    I emailed Goodreader, and their response was no for the TouchPad. They said that Goodreader was very tied into the iPhone OS and its API's and tools.

The truth is, GoodReader is very iOS-oriented. It heavily relies on an internal structure of iOS, its libraries and APIs, and also on certain hardware acceleration that is specific to iOS devices.
    I would suspect that that may be true of the other PDF apps as well.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    there is a program in the testing feeds called mendeley, perhaps could be useful when ready?
    For those of us that us pdf files (large files) it is unnerving that in order to find a page you have to scroll from a drop-down box, sometimes hundreds of pages. As old as the Adobe Reader is, small useful things such as a "search bar" and "page search" just like the free Adobe Reader we all have installed in our PCs, aren't so small when it's tedious to scroll from that drop-down box and with clumsy fingers at that!

I hope that HP is working on this, as this was one of the main reasons(other than the fact that I'm not a Mac person and probably will never be and the Android system is confusing to me) why I purchased the Touchpad over the ipad and all the other ones.

Does anyone know if the powers at HP are working on updating the Adobe Reader app in the TP to include these itty bitty tiny things???
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    there is a program in the testing feeds called mendeley, perhaps could be useful when ready?
    So pdf annotation is support is something i hope to add to Mendeley. It looks like pdfjs might support that soon but right now it only works on firefox. I might create a separate pdf packages outside of mendeley which mendeley could then use. Stay tuned.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    has anyone heard anything about a potential pdf product that would do what iannotate does for pdfs on the ipad? I thought by now we would have heard somethimg.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    So pdf annotation is support is something i hope to add to Mendeley. It looks like pdfjs might support that soon but right now it only works on firefox. I might create a separate pdf packages outside of mendeley which mendeley could then use. Stay tuned.
    annotation is something very important to me as well. I need mobile review of building drawing PDF's and then annotate. Would also be great to have zoomed portion of PDF that I mark up as separate output PDF. Also not sure if your app deals with this but ability like std PC version to zoom/scale a lot more than curr webos PDF reader does to make a large drawing readable.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yeah annotation of PDF files is very high on my list too. I hope there'll be an app that can just do that soon.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    +1 because I am still looking for a search function for PDFs.
    I really need this function too. These are my priorities
    1) Annotation function for documents
    2) Search function for documents
    3) Better navigation for pdfs
    High on my list too.
    I am using Okular in Ubuntu for now. It supports annotations and bookmarks and works quite well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I am using Okular in Ubuntu for now. It supports annotations and bookmarks and works quite well.
    Sorry, but i'm now to this. How do you put Ubuntu on the TP and install Okular?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneymac View Post
    Sorry, but i'm now to this. How do you put Ubuntu on the TP and install Okular?
    Thanks
    Follow the instructions in this guide then from a command line in Ubuntu type "sudo apt-get install okular".
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.