Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes
    I noticed a couple people had a problem when switching back from USA to their default country after installing the app ok. Can anyone shed light on what the problem is and what the steps are fix it?

Also I remember seeing a warning that changing the region settings may have an unknown effect on installed apps (I don't remember the exact wording). Has anyone noticed any problems, or is this just a standard disclaimer?

Just want to make sure I know what to expect before I do this. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    when I switched back, the app catalogue showed July not august. I did a Luna restart and it was fine.

I haven't noticed any issues with installed apps.

Alan
    when I have tried to access the US app store I just get told try later (although I have got the kindle app via imposta)

when switching back to the UK store I got the same problem, a quick restart and it was sorted.
    Ah thanks very much for the replies. Makes me feel more confident in doing this. I'm new to webOS so just making sure I don't start doing things that I don't know how to fix
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    worked well for me, fantastic!
    I'm getting and error as follows
    Application com.palm.app.kindle not found..

anything else you know of that i can try.
    i have another TP of which i was able to install the kindle app, can anyone tell me how to extract the ipk so i can try installing it on my other TP.
    Amazon and the HP webOS team need to get their act together and release it for the UK store, officially. The question remains, will it ever happen?
    any progress with this? It was one of the main reasons I wanted a tablet as I want to read tech books in the wider format.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylabby View Post
    I'm getting and error as follows
    Application com.palm.app.kindle not found..

anything else you know of that i can try.
    I had same problem,seemed to work for some and not others like us
    Thank you very much.
    The post on the bottom of page 3 worked for me. You need to log into the HP app catalogue and choose USA, then go back to impostah and try com.palm.app.kindle it took a while to download, but working now

are there any other US only apps worth downloading as well?
    where can I find that impostah? Tried to look for it but NO result. I really would like to get my kindle app ready. HP TP owners please help. I'm from UK too.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    where can I find that impostah? Tried to look for it but NO result. I really would like to get my kindle app ready. HP TP owners please help. I'm from UK too.
    just have to ask - have you installed Preware?

Its found in there. If not you need to install Preware onto your TP first. Check the Sticky "Get Started Guide" for the how-to.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hope someone can help please..

Just got my TP and have been tweaking it all day Really wanted to get Kindle and followed instructions and got it via Apps Cat US. Then I went back into Impostah to put in my usual account details for UK and kept getting 'incorrect password' error message. Then it came up with account blocked message!!

My apps cat is US version and I have no idea what will happen if I don't sort Impostah out - tbh really wish I hadn't messed about with it now. Please could someone help me get back onto UK - in really simple terms as I am really new to this

Update: restored to factory settings then signed in on my usual email as UK and all ok seemingly now
    Last edited by Peaceplant; 10/20/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    I realise that this thread is a bit out of date, so maybe everyone else has worked this out for them selves, but in case not - don't bother with Impostah, there is a FAR easier way to get Kindle on a UK Touchpad...

I was monitoring this thread but hadent bothered to take the impostah route - but I was given my Kindle 4 as an early Xmas present by my girlfriend so thought I'd look again - this hack worked perfectly for me and you can do it in 3 mins on your touchpad:

1. Visit Http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6W2L9R12 and download the file

2. open preware and in the left drop down menu chose "install package"

3. Navigate to the downloaded file, by clicking "browse" (should be in "downloads") select it and click "install"

4. Wait (about 2 mins) for Preware to do its magic

5. Navigate to Kindle Beta in the launcher - sign-in and Bam! You have kindle.

6. Donate to webOS internals, for they made this possible. (www.webosinternals.org)

I've just done it and can now sync and swap between the kindle 4 and touchpad. Easy.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    I realise that this thread is a bit out of date, so maybe everyone else has worked this out for them selves, but in case not - don't bother with Impostah, there is a FAR easier way to get Kindle on a UK Touchpad...

I was monitoring this thread but hadent bothered to take the impostah route - but I was given my Kindle 4 as an early Xmas present by my girlfriend so thought I'd look again - this hack worked perfectly for me and you can do it in 3 mins on your touchpad:

1. Visit Http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6W2L9R12 and download the file

2. open preware and in the left drop down menu chose "install package"

3. Navigate to the downloaded file, by clicking "browse" (should be in "downloads") select it and click "install"

4. Wait (about 2 mins) for Preware to do its magic

5. Navigate to Kindle Beta in the launcher - sign-in and Bam! You have kindle.

6. Donate to webOS internals, for they made this possible. (www.webosinternals.org)

I've just done it and can now sync and swap between the kindle 4 and touchpad. Easy.
    This downloads the beta version of the app, is there any difference between this and the normal version?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to get a corrupt book working?

I get an error when opening the book and it tells me to archive and download again. Ive done a long click on the book to get to the archive option but nothing seems to happend. Its been working fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    This downloads the beta version of the app, is there any difference between this and the normal version?
    I dont think it ever got out of beta, if you google "com.palm.app.kindle" there are several version stretching all the way to 0.12.50 and that also says beta.
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/13/2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345