Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    many thanks. Now it works perfect on my TP in Gemany.
    Yeah, already downloaded a couple of eBooks 0,00 Euro, me gusta
    Thanks for that, worked a treat. Although is the Kindle app quite buggy for anyone else? Sometimes when changing the orientation, the screen will just remain grey.
    it worked . Thanks.
    and I was ready to buy an actual kindle...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Works for me too. Many thanks. I'd still like to see a UK one - prefereably not beta code.

Alan
    Thanks for the tip, it worked. I was a little concerned when the App Catalog wouldn't log in properly when I reverted to the UK profile but it worked in the end. Now my wife is happy because she can read Kindle books and use my account to buy them
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Now my wife is happy because she can read Kindle books and use my account to buy them
    <insert stereotype joke about women here>
    on the app catalogue section i don't seem to have the option to choose USA. I've logged in with the new US account but in app catalogue the only country under the "check access country" is GB. Any ideas?

EDIT: ahh. when you say open app catalogue you do not mean the app catalogue in impostah, but rather the hp app catalogue application.
    Last edited by timmynana; 08/26/2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Sadly in the UK newspapers and magazines are not available, are they on the US app+US store, or is this is a webOS issue?

Maybe fixing this is why the full app hasn't been put out yet.
    "Tausend Dank" - worked perfect for my German TP
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    could now somebody please package up the ipk so we can install it withou all of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    could now somebody please package up the ipk so we can install it withou all of that?
    Not sure how to do it and if it would be copyright infringement.
    Hm, I downloaded the app via Impostah but now it's called "com.palm.app.kindle" in the launcher. How can I change the name?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    Hm, I downloaded the app via Impostah but now it's called "com.palm.app.kindle" in the launcher. How can I change the name?
    Is it really the app or just a "placeholder"? Run the program update if it's just a placeholder to download the "real" app.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Is it really the app or just a "placeholder"? Run the program update if it's just a placeholder to download the "real" app.
    It's the app because I've run it the third time. =/

Edit: Okay, after reloading it works fine.
    Last edited by gnangnan; 08/27/2011 at 09:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does not work for me.
    Seems to break the HP Apps Catalog.

I now get "This action could not be completed - try again." retrying doe snot work.

So can't get at the HP apps catalog now :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by meggiedude View Post
    Does not work for me.
    Seems to break the HP Apps Catalog.

I now get "This action could not be completed - try again." retrying doe snot work.

So can't get at the HP apps catalog now :-(
    Was the same here. After logging in with the new account, this error appeared as well. I've clicked on "search" and could search for the kindle app - you have to be fast after clicking on "try again". After changing to your standard account (via Impostah) the error still appeared. After restarting the Touchpad everything worked fine again - so restart your Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenson View Post
    Hi,

Just received my Touchpad, and couldn't get it to work through the earlier workaround either (because it was already updated to 3.0.2 when it arrived). Played around a bit, and got it to work!

Here's what to do on 3.0.2:

- Open Impostah
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose US, English, a new email address, and a password
    - Tap Create Profile (then click yes through everything)

- Open up Impostah again
    - Choose App catalog
    - enter com.pal.app.kindle
    - Get info
    - Install

- Open Impostah (again!)
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password

Done!

I may have got some of the button labels wrong as I'm at work and can't double check right now, but you get the general idea.
    Hi, trying to get the Kindle download but really struggling as a complete novice. Know says open impostah and activation but cannot find them, can anyone help please (btw, in the UK)
    I did this, it worked but when i go back to choose my own location Australia is not in the list and now i cannot open the app store at all.

Think Iv broken it
    Having installed Kindle on my UK Touchpad, I had to use the same method to update the app.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast