Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    you might try hmmmdada´s approach from the Kindle Update thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmmdada View Post
    since installation with impostah did not work on my ToucPad i just used my Pixi Plus and transfered the ipk to my TouchPad... now i have Kindle installed on my TouchPad in Germany
    Is there a way to install someone else's kindle.ipk file? Anyone willing to send it to me ;-)
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irifan View Post
    hmm, sorry to hear that. I had already installed the placeholder. The software Manager (referring to the german app names) told me the kindle app update is available (little green arrow). Then it refused to install, saying something like currently not available for your country (in German). It did download the file after guiding me to a separate screen of the software manager, where only kindle was shown (with a lare progress bar, I hit alle herunterladen (Donwload everything). I still got that nauseating error, telling me Kindle is not available for my country around noon. Around 17:00 local German time, I dared to open the Kindle placeholder and it offered to register or login with an existing account (already in German). I did not even reboot the Touchpad.
    where did you install the placeholder from?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I installed the placeholder from the app catalog, it was available when I got my touchpad around the 10th of July (just saying be patient, it will be available soon). Text was in English, not German.

As an alternative you might try preader. It was updated today and now supports the Touchpad fullscreen. Besides amazon Kindle azw files it supports epub and mobi too! Compared to the Kindle app you still see preader has been created for the phone. But I am grateful to see the developer is delivering updates for the touchpad pretty fast.
    There was just an update on impostah, no in runs in Enyo. With that new version I was able to install the Kindle on my TP in Germany (DE).
    The same for me. New version of impostah and kindle is running also in Germany, great !!
    Also works in the UK. Just installed the Kindle App and syncing a book from my library ;-)
    New version of impostah fixed my problems. Big Round of Applause to webos internals. I will be donating as soon as I get home!
    Devices

edit: just kept restarting it and that seemed to work well enough
    Last edited by dcbo89; 07/21/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Whats the app id for kindle (for use in impostah)
    App ID for Kindle is com.palm.app.kindle
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aftereight View Post
    App ID for Kindle is com.palm.app.kindle
    Well bugger me it works!! THANKS!

Another happy UK'er.
    And another happy punter here too, all installed, sync'd and the donation bit done with Paypal - excellent.
    Hi,

It appears that loophole has been closed. It might be because I have updated to WebOS 3.0.2.

Anybody managed to do this after the WebOS update?
    Aaarrrggghhh !!!
    Had Kindle on my German TP (via Impostah). Survived the 3.0.2 OTA. But then I meta-doctored for Xecutah/Ubuntu Chroot - and Kindle was gone :-(
    Now Impostah on 3.0.2 can no longer find the Kindle app. What happened ?
    Is Impostah no longer working on 3.0.2 or has Kindle's App-ID changed ?
    I've quite invested in a couple of paid books on Amazon which I no longer can access (on TP).
    Is there any hope - any trick - I can try ???

Any help on this would be thankfully appreciated
    -stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by stbuerger View Post
    Aaarrrggghhh !!!
    Had Kindle on my German TP (via Impostah). Survived the 3.0.2 OTA. But then I meta-doctored for Xecutah/Ubuntu Chroot - and Kindle was gone :-(
    Now Impostah on 3.0.2 can no longer find the Kindle app. What happened ?
    Is Impostah no longer working on 3.0.2 or has Kindle's App-ID changed ?
    I've quite invested in a couple of paid books on Amazon which I no longer can access (on TP).
    Is there any hope - any trick - I can try ???

Any help on this would be thankfully appreciated
    -stefan
    I am in the same boat. Did the App Id change?
    Devices

FYI: According to the Support Chat Kindle should be released in Germany and the UK by the end of August.

Does anyone know a workaround... I was using it on a daily basis.
    Devices

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Same here. Also Last.fm and HP Moviestore cannot be installed anymore. I hope this is a temporary issue.
    Just received my TP and understand that I have to use the Impostah trick before moving to 3.0.2. However, it just says "com.palm.app.kindle application not found". I have seen an alternate spelling starting with palm.com... and that gives the same error. Has the hole been plugged. I have a Pre2, but don't understand the Pixi trick described above. I am in Switzerland.
  20. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Its utterly ridiculous that we're having to do such hacks as this. Why is it not out for all countries? surely the licensing is in place if the actual kindle and pc software is available!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast