Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I'm having an issue registering and haven't seen anybody else have this issue. Whenever I put in my (valid) Amazon.com credentials, it immediatelh pops up with:
    Registration Error: Not connected to the internet. Please enable networking and connect to the Internet before trying again.
    I am most definitely connected to the internet though, as I' writing this with my TouchPad right now! I've tried it at least 20 times, even with incorrect credentials, and get the same thing. I've done both a luna and a device restart, but no help. I even deleted it and reinstalled it in the hopes that it would fix it but nope. Currently connected to home WiFi with Comcast. I had Ad Blocker installed, but upon problems removed it (and restarted) and it still acts the same.

I have an Amazon account, but have never tried a Kindle or looked at any of the digital books.
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    yeah, I definitely need a demo of controls . . . when in the book, how do you go out of the book back to the kindle app ??? I got the tap in the middle of the page cue, but can't go out of the book???
    Took me a few seconds to find it also. If you look in the upper left corner next to the book title you will see an icon that looks like 3 books on a shelf. The first one is leaning on the the second one. The second and third are sitting straight up. Tap that icon and you will be taken back to your library. I think that needs to be bigger or more apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I wonder if there's a way to find the serial number of the Kindle app? I want to register it with other Amazon stores overseas.
    From what I've read in the pReader thread, it should be in the about in the PC Kindle app. It'll be different from the ID of a real Kindle or the app on any device.

With the ID & the .azw file, you can run the de-DRM script & convert it to any format you need with Calibre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    MOD: Please merge the thread I started about Kindle magazine subscriptions with this one.

None of my magazine subscriptions will sync. This is apparently intentional. The mags only sync to my Kindle. Really stinks. I was hoping to get access to all my content from the TouchPad. I certainly don't want to carry around 2 tablet sized devices.
    yeah, it does stink. But just to be clear, this is not a Touchpad issue, it's an issue with the source ... the newspapers or magazines don't allow syncing to Kindle apps, they limit it to the physical Kindle. Something to do with optimization.
    Kindle Help section for webOS (it's not found ATM via search on Amazon.com):

Kindle for X (err, umm, webOS anyone???)

And for those not in the US, there is this page (Disclaimer: it's completely blank!)
    Using Kindle for webOS if You Live Outside the United States

EDIT: actually, all but the Legal pages are blank ATM.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    yeah, I definitely need a demo of controls . . . when in the book, how do you go out of the book back to the kindle app ??? I got the tap in the middle of the page cue, but can't go out of the book???
    Top left icon (after the tap). Looks like 2 upright books, and a 3rd leaning. Tap that, you're back to the collections
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    I just downloaded a few books. 1 came in just fine, but the rest gave me 7 or 8 copies of each! Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I looked online and my account only shows 1 of each. I even tried restarting my TP to no avail.

Same problem...downloaded about 20 free books and my TP auto synced them and provided duplicates. Kindle reader show 6 or 7 copies of each book. Weird and was just about to reboot, but you already tried that and it didn't help. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix? Sorli...

Update: also noticed video ebook or Vooks as they like to call them don't work. You can read this content, but the video included would not play.
    Last edited by sorli; 07/18/2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: video playback broken
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I dont think it supports "side-loading" of books right now. Gimme a day or so, I'll figure it out.
    pReader has submitted for a full TouchPad screen mode app. Just wait for it. His app reads it all.
    so there is no way to sync over books I emailed myself to my kindle account?
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Same problem...downloaded about 20 free books and my TP auto synced them and provided duplicates. Kindle reader show 6 or 7 copies of each book. Weird and was just about to reboot, but you already tried that and it didn't help. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix? Sorli...
    Same problem for me. Duplicate free books after sync.

I purchased a Kindle book and it is NOT showing up on my TP. It says it synced but I can't find it in the Kindle app. Amazon ripped me off. I want my money back.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post

Update: also noticed video ebook or Vooks as they like to call them don't work. You can read this content, but the video included would not play.
    I deleted the offending books and re-downloaded them one-at-a time. That worked. It may have been that I added a bunch all at once. Dunno.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I deleted the offending books and re-downloaded them one-at-a time. That worked. It may have been that I added a bunch all at once. Dunno.
    same problem here...how do i delete the books??
    Why can't we get music from amazon too? Plus there is a page bugout on the amazon page after you buy a book occasionally...I would show you the picture of the webpage that I took a screenshot of but the 'choose file' button doesnt work on this site thru the TP...I had trouble with this on other websites too. But basically a ton of amazon banners fill the page and text is jumbled everywhere.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    same problem here...how do i delete the books??
    You have to do it on a pc. In your Kindle Library on the Amazon website, there is an "actions" button on the right that has a drop-down menu that allows you to delete.
    You have to do it on a pc. In your Kindle Library on the Amazon website, there is an "actions" button on the right that has a drop-down menu that allows you to delete.
    Found an easier fix, delete the Kindle app and then download and install. Kindle referenced not deauthorizing my TP before deleting and re-adding, but it took care of this, found the 40 or so items previously ordered from Amazon, all in the archive queue, and waiting to be downloaded. All have been downloaded again and with No Duplicates! Sorli...
    I just installed kindle on the Pre Minus
    Too bad its not optimized for 320x480
    Attached Images Attached Images
    since installation with impostah did not work on my ToucPad i just used my Pixi Plus and transfered the ipk to my TouchPad... now i have Kindle installed on my TouchPad in Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    ...really? no canada support?

this makes no sense.. the kindle is even available here!
    You're being punished for trying to run android on you Touchpads
    Pssst, Best Buy Canada: the TouchPad doesn't run Android | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I downloaded some of the free books that Amazon had and they're all showing up multiple times in the Kindle app. Has anyone else run into this?
    "Multiple", I think is an understatement. I have each and every book listed, god only knows how many times. Thus making it almost impossible to simply browse thru all the books. I am seriously starting to doubt the ability of HP to deliver anything that actually works right.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Unfortunatly not working in Germany, even my TP language is set to US English.
    Please make this available in Germany. I love my Kindle and want to use the reader on the TP too.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast