Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So, when reading a book - how do you get the top menu to come back so I can go back to the main page?
    touch the center of the page
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    So, when reading a book - how do you get the top menu to come back so I can go back to the main page?
    Long press on the bottom of the page. The icon at the top right returns you to the main menu.
    I downloaded some of the free books that Amazon had and they're all showing up multiple times in the Kindle app. Has anyone else run into this?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    not available in UK yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    when I run it there is no store, just a link to the website to buy books.

is this just because I'm in the UK or is it the same in the US? When you guys above said you downloaded a book, is this what you did?

shame if so. I kinda assumed it would be an integrated experience. It's not very encouraging when you load it up to an empty view (yes, I have no kindle books) and you can't get books either!
    It's the same for every device with a kindle app (I.e. iPhone or android device). There is no dedicated store. You buy it from amazon.com.
    not available in canada... What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    sorry, my hundreds or dollars worth of books is via my Nook account...any chance?
    Same here. When there is a Nook reader for WebOS I'll take another look.

The irony of an Kindle App coming to WebOS but not a Nook App is there is another thread here about the lack of an Audible App for WebOS, yet Audible is owned by Amazon.

Every other platform offers BOTH Nook and Kindle. Get with it WebOS
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    MOD: Please merge the thread I started about Kindle magazine subscriptions with this one.

None of my magazine subscriptions will sync. This is apparently intentional. The mags only sync to my Kindle. Really stinks. I was hoping to get access to all my content from the TouchPad. I certainly don't want to carry around 2 tablet sized devices.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  9. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    kewl . . . synchs via the amazon account. This will provide a few hours of browsing for sure ~
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    interesting. What version is it showing?
    Tap the screen, and hold the tap
    all of my 140 books purchased from amazon were archived. Downloaded the book I am currently reading (Benjamin Black's "A Death in the Summer").

I like it better than the Kindle. I know people were sugesting that the glare would be an issue, but I knew that would have little effect on me. Most of my reading is done in bed before sleep and this is perfect.

It's backlit. I can read in bed and not bother my wife .
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just downloaded a few books. 1 came in just fine, but the rest gave me 7 or 8 copies of each! Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I looked online and my account only shows 1 of each. I even tried restarting my TP to no avail.
    has anyone tried this? I don't have any nook books or other books to try it with:

eBooks - 100% Free Download Converter for any eBook reader
    sorli likes this.
    ...really? no canada support?

this makes no sense.. the kindle is even available here!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

ya its kind of a p off isnt it
    The Canadian version will be available in the... "Coming [weeks][months][years]"
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I finally got my Kindle app! I'm in heaven. All but one book came in fine. Says I have to de-register one of my devices (I have exceeded my limit). No problem. Will set up an Amazon account for the wife on my other tablet and de-register it. I like the way the pages look on the Touchpad. They have a paper like look with a faux spine down the middle. Looks better than the Kindle app on my other tablet. Would like to see animated page turns (no big deal now, not on any of the other Kindle Apps either but would be nice to see) and dictionary search added in the future. However, it is still a great looking app. Now give me document editing!
  19. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    yeah, I definitely need a demo of controls . . . when in the book, how do you go out of the book back to the kindle app ??? I got the tap in the middle of the page cue, but can't go out of the book???
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

I thought HP got rid of country specific apps? It just popped up on mine (but I'm in the U.S.). Give it until morning to hit a server near you. If it is not their by tomorrow morning let us all know and blast HP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast