Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So, when reading a book - how do you get the top menu to come back so I can go back to the main page?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Worth noting, it looks like the Kindle app is USA-only
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Dont know about the software but the Kindle device does support other PDFs but not ePub
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Installed AND reading, finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    I've used Calibre to go the other way (from Amazon format to mobi) so that pReader could read it on my Pre. Not sure if you can start with a mobi.

Another approach would be if you to PDF your books. Kindle can read PDF...
    ok, I'll try downloading a book amd converting it to .pdf, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So, when reading a book - how do you get the top menu to come back so I can go back to the main page?
    Tap the bottom center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    sorry, my hundreds or dollars worth of books is via my Nook account...any chance?
    pReader is an excellent ereader & the developer just said today that support for the nook's newer ePub DRM is coming soon. The code is known, he just has to get a little time to write it - he just started a new job @ Intel Germany so he's a bit busy right now.

If your books are in the older .pdt format, pReader already supports them.

Jappus has already submitted an update to pReader to run full screen on the TouchPad - just waiting for HP to publish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    pReader is an excellent ereader & the developer just said today that support for the nook's newer ePub DRM is coming soon. The code is known, he just has to get a little time to write it - he just started a new job @ Intel Germany so he's a bit busy right now.

If your books are in the older .pdt format, pReader already supports them.

Jappus has already submitted an update to pReader to run full screen on the TouchPad - just waiting for HP to publish it.
    yea I am waiting for Reader to be full screen. My books are about a year old and are .pdb...also I cannot convert to .pdf...this is annoying, I got rid of my nook a few months ago cuz j found myself reading on my ipad more now I got rid of it for this and here I am waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Worth noting, it looks like the Kindle app is USA-only
    Well, it's available in US on Monday.

So, when it's Monday up north there, it'll be available.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    when I run it there is no store, just a link to the website to buy books.

is this just because I'm in the UK or is it the same in the US? When you guys above said you downloaded a book, is this what you did?

shame if so. I kinda assumed it would be an integrated experience. It's not very encouraging when you load it up to an empty view (yes, I have no kindle books) and you can't get books either!
    <<threads merged and moved>>
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Just installed it too. Software manager reports v0.10.491561
    Thanks! I just got the update myself - awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    sorry, my hundreds or dollars worth of books is via my Nook account...any chance?
    This incompatibility is why I haven't bought until now. But here's the cool thing:
    I downloaded a free book
    Read the foreword and realized I liked the guy who wrote the intro to the book more than the book itself.
    He had a website url at the end of his foreword so I clicked on it and it opened into a browser.
    His website had video and audio so I'm playing a few of those now.
    Still trying to figure out how to get my own books looked up into the app... .azw format... :/
    check out a program called hamster for converting ebooks...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I wonder if there's a way to find the serial number of the Kindle app? I want to register it with other Amazon stores overseas.
    Anyone know how to get PDFs to open on this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Dont know about the software but the Kindle device does support other PDFs but not ePub
    I thought nothing Kindle supported ePub?
    I dont think it supports "side-loading" of books right now. Gimme a day or so, I'll figure it out.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast