Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Siah1214
  1.    #1  
    HP has a care pack available for purchase in the app catalog. Basically you download the app and it offers support options, 3 options available:
    1 Year support with Accidental Damage Protection - $79
    2 Year support, no accidental damage - $89
    2 Year support with ADP - $179

Basically it looks like a sweet convenient way to get some protection for your touchpad.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.
    That's a pretty sweet way to buy warranty coverage. For some reason I feel more prone to purchasing it through an app, than some sales rep pitching it to me at the time of purchase.
    wow prob the best idea hp has had. Now lets see a bundle. Add a case in with that. Hp will make bank.
    Last edited by bigwood212; 07/18/2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    wow whoever prob the best idea hp has had. Now lets see a bundle. Add a case in with that. Hp will make bank.
    Um, it's not a new idea. SquareTrade has been doing this on multiple platforms for a while already, just not webOS yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Um, it's not a new idea. SquareTrade has been doing this on multiple platforms for a while already, just not webOS yet.
    I didn't say it was a new idea. Also I'm not familiar with squaretrade but does it cover acidental damage? Either way seems like a great idea to sell it in app cataloge to me. Give me one for my pre 3 also
    Worth mentioning, that you're "limited" to one repair/replacement per year. Still not a bad deal for those of us that are accident prone. I also think the case is pretty good "insurance" for the price (already dropped mine corner down once).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Worth mentioning, that you're "limited" to one repair/replacement per year. Still not a bad deal for those of us that are accident prone. I also think the case is pretty good "insurance" for the price (already dropped mine corner down once).
    Still better than the alternative of paying $500 for a new touchpad if you drop it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I didn't say it was a new idea. Also I'm not familiar with squaretrade but does it cover acidental damage? Either way seems like a great idea to sell it in app cataloge to me. Give me one for my pre 3 also
    SquareTrade covers accidental damage. A two year ADH plan is $100 for a $600 tablet.
    I figured I would chec out Squaretrade.com for a warranty for my touchpad. For 2 years and ADH (Accidental Damage from Handling) for a toal cost of 99.99 using the value of $599 of the tocuhpad 32GB . I also did some research and found they belong to the BBB and the reviews I found were all good. They actually warrant any electronics and can only buy the ADH for new devices.
    anyone have any experience with actually doing a replacement w squaretrade?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Squaretrade can't give you the extra year of phone support, that's gotta be worth something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Still better than the alternative of paying $500 for a new touchpad if you drop it :P
    Oh, absolutely, just thought it was worth mentioning that there is a limit of 1 per year. FWIW, I signed up for the 2 year package.
    Squaretrade can't give you the extra year of phone support, that's gotta be worth something.
    yeah but for some of us we dont need phone support, I just want my device replaced if it gets broken.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    yeah but for some of us we dont need phone support, I just want my device replaced if it gets broken.
    Just saying. And an extra year of hardware support, and you never know when you'll need it. I think it's worth the $80
    i keep getting "internal server error" when attempting to purchase the plan. Has anyone bought this so far?
    Just saying. And an extra year of hardware support, and you never know when you'll need it. I think it's worth the $80
    Yeah, you have to understand I am a crazy person when it comes to tech. I haven't called a tech support number since my very early teens. The $80 goes towards the 7 inch TP when it comes out. Really with these forums, WebOS Internals, and my knowledge of tech, I wouldn't be calling HP support for anything other than warranty replacement (like this damn TP plug I have sitting on my desk).
    I have two toddlers. This one is a no brainer...
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    i keep getting "internal server error" when attempting to purchase the plan. Has anyone bought this so far?
    I purchased it.