Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
    I just want Netflix to work.
    ^ And back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks for hearing me out and if you still disagree, ak1229, then we agree to disagree. I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Let me put this really simply for you:

You used forecast estimates of market share and shipment numbers--not sell-through numbers--to derive the 850,000 number. Furthermore, none of your numbers were concrete. Estimates are not concrete. They're estimates and often are way off from reality.

So, your variables were completely off from the start. Why can't you admit that? You're still speculating, and the fact that my source is a market research firm has nothing to do with its validity.

The concreteness of its numbers--not forecasted, but provable as actual sales data provides--means everything.

These guys are way off. If I were a company looking to buy their service, I would certainly question their methods. It is obviously a forecasting model since they are no way going to get actual sales numbers through EVERY retailer across the world.

200k units.
    These guys are clowns.

Their method clearly uses some retailers AND distributors AS WELL AS consumer trends. It clearly says in your quote.
    The NPD Group: Using actual sales data from retailers and distributors as well as consumer-reported purchasing behavior, NPD offers consumer panel and retail sales tracking services, special reports, modeling and analytics, and custom research.[1] Covered industries include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, food and beverage, food-service, footwear, home improvement, housewares, imaging, information technology, movies, music, software, toys, video games and wireless
    200k units.
    These guys are clowns.
    This is getting way off topic, this was about netflix not sales numbers etc

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Yeah, it takes into account consumer trends when they ask questions like, "Which <insert consumer product segment> are you more likely to buy?" This is an example of tracking consumer trends.

It doesn't take those into account when they're parsing sales numbers aggregated from retailers and distributors. This is an example of tracking actual sales data.

Really, now, is that your argument against their numbers? Calling them "clowns" and totally lacking any understanding of context contained in a business description?

You're right, Robotech1985. I'm out.
    does anyone think we might finally get netflix on here? After the great news from HP?
    give ze the...Precious.
    Mine mine!
    Ohh would be so nice

-- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    After today's news? We won't be getting any "big name" apps for a while.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pecuevasb View Post
    After today's news? We won't be getting any "big name" apps for a while.
    Sooner than we were gonna get them BEFORE today's news!
    fxspec06 likes this.
    This would be so sick, but I am doubtful
    ...has always had Netflix envy of those other platforms. Guess WebOS isn't good enough for them.. even after fire sale numbers..
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    maybe you'll get the new Verizon-Red Hat competitor; it is supposed to have more money to buy good content than Netflix (which is struggling right now)
    Last edited by bluenote; 12/12/2011 at 08:03 PM.
    we can make netflix come to webOS. Power in numbers people, lets bombard them with emails!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    not enough in numbers even if every webos owner emailed them, gimme a break.
    lets stay positive now...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    lets stay positive now...
    Staying realistic makes much more sense.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123