• 1 Post By LordSecksie
  1.    #1  
    copy the com.palm.app.camera folder to /media/internal
    go into usb mode and copy folder to desktop
    modify appinfo.Jason with "uiRevision": "2", on line before last
    use palm-package and make the ipk
    use palm-install to install the IPK on your Touchpad

Works pretty well.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Just to clarify this will install a Camera app on the TouchPad that will use the front camera for taking pictures? then all we need is a patch for volume rocker to take the pic or something like that.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just to clarify this will install a Camera app on the TouchPad that will use the front camera for taking pictures? then all we need is a patch for volume rocker to take the pic or something like that.
    yes sir

it does take a little knowhow and some code changes but does work from the stock app.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/17/2011 at 09:42 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    This could then be made into an app that people can install on Preware or Quickinstall, correct?

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    sledge007 likes this.
    well the hell with that will someone please do the extras and package it up..this is all i have been wanting since the beginning! as bad as that sounds
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    This could then be made into an app that people can install on Preware or Quickinstall, correct?
    Probably not. There would likely be legal issues with that.
    How do the pictures turn out? I wouldn't think they would be all that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Probably not. There would likely be legal issues with that.
    oh, i see. I did not think about that. Sorry

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

9.    #9  
    The camera seems every so slightly fuzzy and also ever so slightly elongated. I think it is the actual camera and not the application though.

This was pretty cool. I got the app to work with Ipk Packager. Just out of curiosity...for those that also got it to work...did you have the "take the picture" button? I just see my ugly mug staring back at me with no buttons. Maybe that's what sledge007 meant when they asked for the rocker buttons to take the picture...I still have the Ipk if anyone wants it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    This was pretty cool. I got the app to work with Ipk Packager. Just out of curiosity...for those that also got it to work...did you have the "take the picture" button? I just see my ugly mug staring back at me with no buttons. Maybe that's what sledge007 meant when they asked for the rocker buttons to take the picture...I still have the Ipk if anyone wants it.
    you would need to modify the original code substantially in order to legally call it yours and no longer Palms. So I would not recommend that. "Unless you like the inside of courthouses".

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    you would need to modify the original code substantially in order to legally call it yours and no longer Palms. So I would not recommend that. "Unless you like the inside of courthouses".
    LOL...ok good point. So let's just say for those Pixi/Pre/Veer owners out there that can prove they own the phone can PM me for the ipk - for all you "just Touchpad owners"...go buy an HP/Palm phone and then we'll talk.
    FYI 3.0.2 breaks this. The screen just flashes.
    go figure...why cant this just give us a app! MAN
    Darn. Really wanted this on my TouchPad. Even tho I would still use Classic Pre as my main device to take pictures, I would have still liked to have a camera app on the TouchPad. You never know when it might come in handy.

Well demetry14 created the process but there was no way to take the picture. It was more of a proof of concept anyway. And the images would be really low quality and like he said "fuzzy". You're not really missing anything.
  17.    #17  
    Well demetry14 created the process but there was no way to take the picture. It was more of a proof of concept anyway. And the images would be really low quality and like he said "fuzzy". You're not really missing anything.
    Actually with a little effort you could bring up all of the buttons so pictures are possible. But like I said it is "fuzzy". I think though... With how easy it was to get working from my Pre to the Touchpad that HP may just update this for us and make it work better and possibly sharpen it so the fuzz is gone. but the only way to be sure they will do something like this for us is to put in your feature request and hope that thousands like you put it in as well.

"JUST A FEW OF WHAT I HAVE ASKED FOR"

1. I have done this for quite a few features including the Calculator we now have that if you notice is the Pre- Calculator scaled up.
    2. Wireless Sync with HP Play "I can do this with Songbird a plugin and sftp on the Touchpad". But I would like to see it integrated into the HP Play application which is "Songbird" underneath.
    3. VPN OpenVPN Support.
    4. Messaging App "Full libpurple support" for all IM Account types.
    5. Browser "Flash Off" HTML5 fallback.
    6. HP MovieStore "Free Section"

"THEN THERE ARE THE EXTREME "DREAM" THINGS I HAVE ASKED FOR"

1. Android/ iOS App Support (So we can install and run those apps, could be like WINE for linux) "in case you don't know wine allows you to run windows apps in linux"
    2. Advanced Gestures (3 finger swipe left-right/right-left to "This is Pre- full swipe gesture"
    3. Camera Streaming to localhost "so you could remotely go to your Touchpad IP and view from the eye of the camera" (GREAT FOR WHEN YOU LOSE IT IN YOUR HOUSE)

I KNOW THIS WAS TOTALLY OFF TOPIC BUT I THOUGH IF I GAVE SOME INSIGHT ON HOW THE WHOLE "WHAT IS PRIORITY" IN UPDATES WORKS. SO SUBMIT THE SAME STUFF AS ME AND HOPE WE GET IT. :-)