Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #1  
    Nothing yet in terms of updates. I wonder if we will see anything today since it is already afternoon here on the left coast.

I was looking forward to the movie store and kindle.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    I've been waiting for this thread!!

Yes, I too am expecting Movie Store at very least, as promised. Their delivering on promise today will weigh heavily on my future decision to stay in their ecosystem.
    Did they specifically say on the 17th the update will come out or did they say shortly after the 17th.
    ive been waiting for this thread too. ***! I'm not happy so far. I was really hoping for 2.2 on my veer as well...
    I wouldn't hold your breath. They may be stepping up advertising today, but that doesn't mean they are ready to deliver the first OTA update.
    TIMN: Will that be available by the 17th?

Jon: No.

Stephen: Some elements will be available, improvements to our movie store, the Kindle app… but the OTA is planned for the end of the month

Kindle and Movie Store today. That statement will be hard to wiggle out of.
    Yes..and they also had a couple of other pressing item they needed to add to the OTA, so that could bump it out slightly. And I also thought it was 'after the 17th' and not a hard date. Meh... dunno.

Edit: ^^what Jonesey said.
    Seriously? A brand new OS that is only a couple of weeks into its release and you are only giving it one more day? News articles released around July 14th stated that the OTA update may come in as little as 10 days but could be as late as the end of this month. So far I am really enjoying using my TouchPad and Am waiting patiently for the updates.
    I figure, dont cry "liars" until midnight in Sunnydale.

personally, I have till the 25th to decide since that's when my 30 days with AT&T are up.

Yes, I switched carriers to get a Veer. Which I love. But it all hinges on the ecosystem working, meaning TP with needed (not to mention advertised) functionality. That includes TTS.
    Don't cry "liars" at all. I don't think we can take another round of waaaaaambulance sirens.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Seriously? A brand new OS that is only a couple of weeks into its release and you are only giving it one more day? News articles released around July 14th stated that the OTA update may come in as little as 10 days but could be as late as the end of this month. So far I am really enjoying using my TouchPad and Am waiting patiently for the updates.
    1. Let's not exaggerate, webOS is not brand new. And Enyo was announced and displayed on this hardware 6 months ago.

2. The Veer runs 2.x, not Enyo, so its update can't use the TP's excuse. And again, TTS and SMS were shown on the Veer on HP's site since Feb.

Don't misunderstand, I too am enjoying the TP and i'm a webOS fanatic. But I can't be blind to missing functionality that I need today, and due to return policies I am forced to make a decision very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Don't cry "liars" at all. I don't think we can take another round of waaaaaambulance sirens.
    sorry, don't mean to sound bitter... Perhaps you can suggest another term? I just think that this statement was made so recently that they should have known by then whether it was actually going to happen or not. And if not, and they said so anyway, it makes me question the company overall.
    Now you see why Rubenstein was given a "sideways" promotion: the CEO has been burned twice by webOS. First: "gone are the days when we announce a new device but it doesn't come out for months". Second: "we aren't releasing a device that isn't perfect".

Gotta think that Jon wasn't communicating with the higher ups... Now, he can work on the production side and his boss can take the heat.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    HP never promissed updates fot 17th. This date was marked as official TP marketing push. OS updates are annonced for end of the month.
    Veer updates are never mentioned, and after Jon's interview with Josh I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    sorry, don't mean to sound bitter... Perhaps you can suggest another term? I just think that this statement was made so recently that they should have known by then whether it was actually going to happen or not. And if not, and they said so anyway, it makes me question the company overall.
    We just have to stop taking everything so literally. When they said that today is a "hard launch" that was in the context of advertising and promotion. Not an iron clad guarantee that the first launch activity this morning was going to be a global release of an OTA bug fix.
    kjb86 likes this.
    if they dont have the update by tonight they are liars dang it ! and im not gonna go buy the HP touchpad because i dont have my pre3 even yet and the update for it too . im just not gonna sit around here in the forums any more darn it !! i just cant take all this lying going on any more. and ill take this ashtray with me too i need it and this chair , and my favorite lamp i need it too and thats all i need . good bye , ......... snif snif .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    BTW, the TouchPad is all over the BestBuy main page today. Probably 30% of the page, including the banner ad, top-left special, and video feature.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    HP never promissed updates fot 17th. This date was marked as official TP marketing push. OS updates are annonced for end of the month.
    Veer updates are never mentioned, and after Jon's interview with Josh I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I'm not referring to an update, but to his clear statement I quoted above that Movie store and Kindle app will be available by the 17th.
    The way I read things, it was 10 days after the 17th that the update was scheduled for.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
  20. AZ8
    I spent alot of time in BB today, and the tablet displays were devoid of people. The aisle with the laptops was humming with activity with mom and dads with their children shopping for laptops. Back to school I assume. I was all alone playing with all the tablets...Xoom, Touchpad, Galaxy, iPad2..etc.

I didn't notice anything different with today being th 17th and the big launch Dewitt expressed.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast