Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if they dont have the update by tonight they are liars dang it ! and im not gonna go buy the HP touchpad because i dont have my pre3 even yet and the update for it too . im just not gonna sit around here in the forums any more darn it !! i just cant take all this lying going on any more. and ill take this ashtray with me too i need it and this chair , and my favorite lamp i need it too and thats all i need . good bye , ......... snif snif .
    LMAO --- this is great stuff!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I've been waiting for this thread!!

Yes, I too am expecting Movie Store at very least, as promised. Their delivering on promise today will weigh heavily on my future decision to stay in their ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nytemyst View Post
    Did they specifically say on the 17th the update will come out or did they say shortly after the 17th.
    No, they did not say specifically today. Yet some will pretend they did, and claim it's a broken promise. It'll be interesting seeing if the false portrayal will be allowed to stand.
    threed61#WN likes this.
    IIRC, they specifically said that the OTA update will not be available until the end of the month.

On the other hand, they specifically mentioned the Movie Store and Kindle being available on the 17th.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    IIRC, they specifically said that the OTA update will not be available until the end of the month.
    Actually, that's not what they said. "By the end of the month." Tomorrow would fit that time frame (though I wouldn't count on it).
    That type of misinterpretation and out of context stuff is what leads to the whining.
    According to the precentral front page article from last week...

"First up, those new apps: HP expects to release during the week of July 18th (that’s next week, if you weren’t sure) both the HP MovieStore and an HP music store of some variety. Due later in the month will be Amazon Kindle and Amazon MP3."

"By the end of July the first OTA update for the TouchPad will be pushed, bumping it up to webOS 3.0.2. Included in the update will be new Calculator and Clock apps, improvements to the Email app in scrolling and image rendering, and better folder support and set as wallpaper for Photos & Videos. Autocorrect’s speed and accuracy is due for improvement (with the addition of the missing contractions), and audio and video quality is also slated to be improved (which includes the miserable quality of Skype).

Apart from that, there are some bug fixes slated in the form of reducing the sensitivity of screen rotation, app web pages opening to the App Catalog, and faster downloads for Pivot"
    and that was BEFORE discovering the bug that was on the front page about losing sql data. That could slow things down.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No, they did not say specifically today. Yet some will pretend they did, and claim it's a broken promise. It'll be interesting seeing if the false portrayal will be allowed to stand.
    This is simply not correct. Read the direct quote from Steven and Jon's interview with TIMN, which I quoted earlier. They were asked "what is happening on the 17th", and they talked about the marketing launch. Then Jon talked about the great update coming, and was asked "Will that be there on the 17th?" Jon says flatly, "no". Then Steven said "some things will be there..." referring to the 17th and mentioned Movie store and Kindle. Then he pointed to the update coming towards end of month.

Maybe it's not what he meant, but it's certainly what he said.
    I would like to see the kindle app but am happy to wait for awhile for things to work without bugs.
    the ad campaign was to start today....kindle and moviestore coming soon...they prob want to fix as many bugs so it launches smoothly...ota by months end
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    what a great ad campaign.....spent all day watching tv......saw ipad ads.....saw playbook ads.....saw galaxy ads....and to my surprise in this HUGE launch day, I saw a total of ZERO touchpad ads.....wow! Way to go HP....
  11.    #31  
    I wasnt expecting the ota. Just the apps. I'm looking for an alternative to netflix as it is getting pricier and pricier. I'm hoping HP movie store will be the answer. And kindle, well that one is obvious.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    If you find a mobile device maker that meets every release deadline, please let me know who they are so I can crash their party. If HP is guilty of anything, its talking too much. Those vaguely worded statements everyone hates so much are the result of a brain dead market system where everything you say will be used against your stock value. IPhone 5 and Samsung GS II fans are not happy about the supposed delays either. If you're not happy about the pace of TP app releases and updates, bail now, cause HP's gonna work at its own pace. Just like everyone else.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    let them take their time so they dont have to rush everything
    diddly4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The PreCentral article below references the week of the 18th.

webOS 3.0.2 to bring HP MovieStore, Kindle, and more [Exclusive] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

I continue to be amazed at the entitlement some users exhibit. The way I see it, you have two choices... Show the mighty HP who is boss and take your Touchpad back. That will teach them

Or, stick around a few days and be part of the best experience the tablet market offers. Also, why are current unhappy HP Touchpad owners consumed with a July 17th marketing blitz? Didn't you already purchase one? Do you need to see a new ad?

Again, to those naysayers... HP didn't make you buy it. Yes, they made promises. Had they waited until August to release, I would be wasting my time reading forums about all of the people jumping ship because HP made them a promise deliver a Touchpad. They have now done that and are correcting.

I read the forums for enlightenment... to see how I can make my webos experience better. To those of you "done" with HP and the Touchpad... See ya! But don't taint an opportunity for others who don't share your dismal perspective. The choice was yours to purchase and you still can choose to return. As for me, I'm looking forward to seeing what this week has to offer
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I did post the wrong link. I can't find the one that references the week of the 18th... But I did read that and that has been my benchmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawhalen View Post
    I did post the wrong link. I can't find the one that references the week of the 18th... But I did read that and that has been my benchmark.
    they have uncovered a couple of nasty bugs since then, so we should all relax and assume it will be late. Software doesnt follow our calendar but it DOES follow murphy's law...
    kjb86 and Sapient2k7 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawhalen View Post
    The PreCentral article below references the week of the 18th.

webOS 3.0.2 to bring HP MovieStore, Kindle, and more [Exclusive] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

I continue to be amazed at the entitlement some users exhibit. The way I see it, you have two choices... Show the mighty HP who is boss and take your Touchpad back. That will teach them

Or, stick around a few days and be part of the best experience the tablet market offers. Also, why are current unhappy HP Touchpad owners consumed with a July 17th marketing blitz? Didn't you already purchase one? Do you need to see a new ad?

Again, to those naysayers... HP didn't make you buy it. Yes, they made promises. Had they waited until August to release, I would be wasting my time reading forums about all of the people jumping ship because HP made them a promise deliver a Touchpad. They have now done that and are correcting.

I read the forums for enlightenment... to see how I can make my webos experience better. To those of you "done" with HP and the Touchpad... See ya! But don't taint an opportunity for others who don't share your dismal perspective. The choice was yours to purchase and you still can choose to return. As for me, I'm looking forward to seeing what this week has to offer
    well said.

it amazes me as well, the sense of entitlement.

I want HP to succeed as much as anyone else but lets jot forget.. We are not HP. If you strongly feel that you can do better or change things down at hq then please submit your resume to HP and get your hands dirty.

HP know what they are doing. Let them get the job done the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    According to the precentral front page article from last week...

"First up, those new apps: HP expects to release during the week of July 18th (thatís next week, if you werenít sure) both the HP MovieStore and an HP music store of some variety. Due later in the month will be Amazon Kindle and Amazon MP3."

"By the end of July the first OTA update for the TouchPad will be pushed, bumping it up to webOS 3.0.2. Included in the update will be new Calculator and Clock apps, improvements to the Email app in scrolling and image rendering, and better folder support and set as wallpaper for Photos & Videos. Autocorrectís speed and accuracy is due for improvement (with the addition of the missing contractions), and audio and video quality is also slated to be improved (which includes the miserable quality of Skype).

Apart from that, there are some bug fixes slated in the form of reducing the sensitivity of screen rotation, app web pages opening to the App Catalog, and faster downloads for Pivot"
    What, you're presenting actual quotes, instead of the interpretations of the "anti-webos" krew? The raw nerve!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    This is simply not correct. Read the direct quote from Steven and Jon's interview with TIMN, which I quoted earlier. They were asked "what is happening on the 17th", and they talked about the marketing launch. Then Jon talked about the great update coming, and was asked "Will that be there on the 17th?" Jon says flatly, "no". Then Steven said "some things will be there..." referring to the 17th and mentioned Movie store and Kindle. Then he pointed to the update coming towards end of month.

Maybe it's not what he meant, but it's certainly what he said.
    See, you didn't even notice what you did. Why is it "referring to the 17th"? Why is it not referring to the launch and the updates already specifically promised for the week of the 18th?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    True.

And, to be fair, DeWitt didn't name a specific month for the Movie Store and Kindle features. He could very well have been referring to the 17th of August or September.
    Actually, he didn't say the 17th of anything. He said those apps would be released the week of the 18th - but why let facts get in the way?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast