1.    #1  
    I'm having issues with an incomplete newsfeed in the FB app. Posts that are visible in the mobile and full FB websites are not showing up in the app. Any ideas? There aren't many settings so I'm stumped.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cparsons1 View Post
    I'm having issues with an incomplete newsfeed in the FB app. Posts that are visible in the mobile and full FB websites are not showing up in the app. Any ideas? There aren't many settings so I'm stumped.
    I searched the forums for this issue and found your post, because I'm seeing the same thing. Half the posts on the web version are not showing in the app.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I think it's a permissions issue, where some Facebook users have their accounts set up to allow access to third party apps and some do not. If you investigate the missing updates more deeply, I bet it's the same users whose updates are not displayed. Moreover, if you look at the profiles of those users from within the webOS app, you will not be able to see any details (or access their photos, etc).

This has been an issue since day one for the WebOS app (eg, even for phones), and I don't see why it doesn't receive more attention. It pretty much renders all third party Facebook apps useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    I think it's a permissions issue, where some Facebook users have their accounts set up to allow access to third party apps and some do not. If you investigate the missing updates more deeply, I bet it's the same users whose updates are not displayed. Moreover, if you look at the profiles of those users from within the webOS app, you will not be able to see any details (or access their photos, etc).

This has been an issue since day one for the WebOS app (eg, even for phones), and I don't see why it doesn't receive more attention. It pretty much renders all third party Facebook apps useless to me.
    This is consistent with what i'm seeing. Is this something HP can fix?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    I've seen this problem with the Facebook app as well, but i don't think this is the correct explanation for it. I have noticed that it isn't that unusual for me to see some of the posts from a specific friend, but not others. Unless they are setting their permissions on a post-by-post basis (doubtful), then I think there is something else causing this.

-Jeff
    It is a permissions issue. Since webOS Facebook apps are considered to be 'third-party' they don't have access to all the same APIs and data that say the official Android and iOS apps have.

It's unfortunate, but is what it is. HP can't do anything about it unless they work with Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparsons1 View Post
    I don't have an answer or resolution, but I can say that my wife's HTC Evo/Android facebook app also doesn't show all posts all the time either.

I'm suspicious that it is a Facebook API problem and not a tablet/phone application problem.

It does suck, though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It is a permissions issue. Since webOS Facebook apps are considered to be 'third-party' they don't have access to all the same APIs and data that say the official Android and iOS apps have.

It's unfortunate, but is what it is. HP can't do anything about it unless they work with Facebook.
    Thanks-this makes sense as it does seem to be particular users (unfortunately one's my sister ). Both the touch site and the full website work fine on the TP so I might just stick with those instead.
    Any updates on this issue yet? I am experiencing the same problem.
    I think most aren't even using the FB app anymore. I don't think the app has been updated in a while. Just use your browser, touch.facebook.com

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    There was an article on PC here somewhere that basically said that the original Facebook app was totally full featured and beat everything out there for functionality, appearance and easy of use. Jobs got upset because it was better than what Apple had and confronted Zuck and others about it. Upshot was that the app was then crippled/downgraded so that was not as good as it was...
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I think most aren't even using the FB app anymore. I don't think the app has been updated in a while. Just use your browser, touch.facebook.com
    That worked, seemed to look the same as m.facebook.com, although I can't get the search box at the top left of the screen to work on either.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    There was an article on PC here somewhere that basically said that the original Facebook app was totally full featured and beat everything out there for functionality, appearance and easy of use. Jobs got upset because it was better than what Apple had and confronted Zuck and others about it. Upshot was that the app was then crippled/downgraded so that was not as good as it was...
    Apparently Facebook asked HP to re-design the app to make it less powerful (as it at the time was the most functional Facebook app).HP didnt want to hear about it so instead Facebook cut HP's access to the necessary servers/api's. So from working tightly together making it possible for webOS to have this great appliction they totally turned their backs once Apple complained.

Atleast thats what the rumor/article said.

Out of interest whats missing the most from the App, I dont own a Touchpad yet as I was waiting for the TouchpadGO that never was.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G