1.    #1  
    Anyone else notice that (so far at least) apps for the TouchPad are tending to run higher? I see far fewer of the .99 apps, and a lot more in the $5-$10 range.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. I was never crazy about the $1 "standard" on the Pre. I believe this will help us see more quality apps sooner.
    I think this is the general trend. App Store app prices have been rising as well.
    0.99 pricing model isn't substainable because of several reasons.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    0.99 pricing model isn't substainable because of several reasons.
    And those are?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    And those are?
    The 99 cent price point really requires volume. webOS just doesn't have the user base to make that price point profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The 99 cent price point really requires volume. webOS just doesn't have the user base to make that price point profitable.
    That's one reason, but not the only one. Look at iPad App Store. Apps' prices are at least doubled from the iPhone equivalents, and they have volume.

There are development, support and maintenance costs to take into account.

And just a bit of logic: 3000 purchases means $2100 revenue, but 3000 new users to give support for all the product lifecycle. For a game, that could be ok, but for an app that "does things" (and obviously can have issues due to bugs or wrong usage), do anyone could think it's sustainable?

0.99 price point comes from the iPhone's apps craziness, and as every craziness, it isn't well thought.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    That's one reason, but not the only one. Look at iPad App Store. Apps' prices are at least doubled from the iPhone equivalents, and they have volume.

There are development, support and maintenance costs to take into account.

And just a bit of logic: 3000 purchases means $2100 revenue, but 3000 new users to give support for all the product lifecycle. For a game, that could be ok, but for an app that "does things" (and obviously can have issues due to bugs or wrong usage), do anyone could think it's sustainable?

0.99 price point comes from the iPhone's apps craziness, and as every craziness, it isn't well thought.
    I gotcha now. That makes total sense. Thanks for explaining.