1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Glimpse for HP TouchPad: Multi-tasking within a single app
    By James Kendrick | July 15, 2011, 7:02am PDT

Glimpse for HP TouchPad: Multi-tasking within a single app | ZDNet

The HP TouchPad has only been out for a couple of weeks but useful apps are already appearing for the tablet. The webOS platform is great at multi-tasking, and a new app takes that to a whole new level. Glimpse for the TouchPad brings the ability to run multiple tasks within a single app, and I am only just discovering the many uses that brings.

Glimpse allows running up to three tasks at the same time, each residing in a pane on the display. There is one big pane on the right, and up to two smaller panes on the left. The panes can be turned on and off with a simple check box that is always accessible.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I bought Glimpse last night . . . I believe its an awesome app that displays WebOSs capability to do a lot of things . . . and from the info the developer has put out so far, its gonna get even better. I'm happy to support our developers for quality app's . . . the price of this app is worth it !
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Absolutely love it! Didnt even have to finish watching the vid before I went and bought it.
    I dl'd Glimpse today. It is great. I love the multitasking in app.

I have noticed a bug and was curious if anyone else came up with similar results.

I unchecked twitter and tasks. Closed the app. Reopened it later and re-checked them. Now I have 5 copies of twitter in the options list and two copies of tasks.
    Bought this, little bit pricey but would highly recommend. The twitter module on it's own is great.

Hopefully new modules will either be free or inexpensive.
    Great app.

Would love to get all my bookmarks synced with the ones I currently have on the TouchPad standard browser and not have to recreate them if possible ?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    I think he will start adding other devs' apps to the module. So in a way its free but you will have to pay for the by itself and then load into glimpse. Which is really nice cuz ure glimpse will be personalized =]
    So do you think you can implant an idea, for instance "be smoother so people will love you more", by opening Glimpse, opening an instance of Glimpse within Glimpse, and opening an instance of Glimpse within the instance of Glimpse you're running within Glimpse? And writing that into a word editor? (Suppose it CAN'T be done after all, at least not yet...)

Do you think we could get Leo DiCaprio to do a TouchPad commercial?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    So do you think you can implant an idea, for instance "be smoother so people will love you more", by opening Glimpse, opening an instance of Glimpse within Glimpse, and opening an instance of Glimpse within the instance of Glimpse you're running within Glimpse? And writing that into a word editor? (Suppose it CAN'T be done after all, at least not yet...)

Do you think we could get Leo DiCaprio to do a TouchPad commercial?
    Haha. I once tried to run Glimpse in Glimpse, and my Touchpad almost exploded
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Absolutely love it! Didnt even have to finish watching the vid before I went and bought it.
    Oh man, you didn't watch the video to the end? It took me hours to film and edit it Thanx though, for buying the App
    Quote Originally Posted by myDrpC View Post
    Great app.

Would love to get all my bookmarks synced with the ones I currently have on the TouchPad standard browser and not have to recreate them if possible ?

Thanks
    I'm not quite sure how to pull that off at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    Bought this, little bit pricey but would highly recommend...
    It's actually an introductory price. It will go up soon
    Awesome app. Bookmark syncing would be a great enhancement. Any way to provide a preference to reduce the font size in the widgets?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    If it's cheap, more people will download it, increasing the number of people to sell widgets too.
    Has anyone had problems with checking and unchecking options?

I unchecked twitter and tasks, then went back in later and rechecked them.

I now have four twitters, and two tasks listed in the option list.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjestr View Post
    Has anyone had problems with checking and unchecking options?

I unchecked twitter and tasks, then went back in later and rechecked them.

I now have four twitters, and two tasks listed in the option list.
    I tried doing was you said. I was unable to reproduce it. What else did you do? Are some widgets now missing from the list?
    I tried doing was you said. I was unable to reproduce it. What else did you do? Are some widgets now missing from the list?
    I opened the app, changed where some of the widgets where. opened the preferences and unchecked twitter and tasks. Closed the app for awhile. Then later during the day, I reopened the app and rechecked the widgets.

After closing the preferences and re-entering the app I have this happening. It has not gone away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love this app! I wonder if when more 3rd party apps are added if you'll be able to have multiple cards of glimpse running?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I don't have the TouchPad yet, waiting for 3G/4G, but I have watched the video. At your current price, people would be crazy not to buy it, IMHO.
    ilovedessert likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast