Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    bought it last night, and even though obviously it will grow from here, I must say- HP should put THIS on the demo TP's instead of the worthless demo loop now seen.

Nice work. Even if I end up returning the TP, I'm happy to have sent $5 toward a worthy endeavor.
    Ok. Just for you, I watched the whole vid. I like the app anyway.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Glimpse for HP TouchPad: Multi-tasking within a single app
    By James Kendrick | July 15, 2011, 7:02am PDT

Glimpse for HP TouchPad: Multi-tasking within a single app | ZDNet

The HP TouchPad has only been out for a couple of weeks but useful apps are already appearing for the tablet. The webOS platform is great at multi-tasking, and a new app takes that to a whole new level. Glimpse for the TouchPad brings the ability to run multiple tasks within a single app, and I am only just discovering the many uses that brings.

Glimpse allows running up to three tasks at the same time, each residing in a pane on the display. There is one big pane on the right, and up to two smaller panes on the left. The panes can be turned on and off with a simple check box that is always accessible.
    Hi, love this app, I had streaming video in one pane, was able to read rss feeds and follow tweets simultaneously, unmatched awesomeness. This should be a showcase app for HP.
    My first request is the ability to use web function in at least two panes simultaneously. When I tried to do this today, the 2nd pane wouldn't load the link.
    Secondly l would like the ability to switch a running app from one pane to another. For example if i'm viewing streaming video in the top left pane, I would like to move it to the larger right pane without having to first select web widget then retype link.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Hi, love this app, I had streaming video in one pane, was able to read rss feeds and follow tweets simultaneously, unmatched awesomeness. This should be a showcase app for HP.
    My first request is the ability to use web function in at least two panes simultaneously. When I tried to do this today, the 2nd pane wouldn't load the link.
    Secondly l would like the ability to switch a running app from one pane to another. For example if i'm viewing streaming video in the top left pane, I would like to move it to the larger right pane without having to first select web widget then retype link.
    Thanks
    The developer has already mentioned that as much as he would like, the limitation of using the browser in one pane is a HP limitation and will have to be fixed by them.

I would request that if we use an RSS feed in one of the windows that we be able to use multiple RSS feeds in that same window, instead of having to use multiple panes.
    All for One and One for All!
    I cannot get the twitter module/client in Glimpse to remember me. Every time I try it I have to go get a new authorization.

And, someone said it is a little pricey? good grief, palm TX programs used to cost a lot more than this.
    I have had to re-enter my RSS feeds and twitter account 4 times now. It seems to reset for no reason upon being closed sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Haha. I once tried to run Glimpse in Glimpse, and my Touchpad almost exploded
    Be careful. If you run glimpse in glimpse while looking at glimpse in the reflection in the mirror and then say 'glimpse' five times, the glimpseman comes out of the TP and takes the curl out of your girlfriends lady-garden.
    Bought it last night. Great app! Don't mind paying for apps that are truly functional and enhance the TP experience
    Any way to enable cookies in the browser? Also, I can't seem to make links work in google news. (!?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have had to re-enter my RSS feeds and twitter account 4 times now. It seems to reset for no reason upon being closed sometimes.
    While I've never experienced this, I've heard of a several cases where apps 'loose' stored data. It's a webOS problem (which I'm sure they're working on). Does this ALWAYS happen whenever you close the App? Or sometimes? Also, are you running patches (or any other form of hackery )?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    .. l would like the ability to switch a running app from one pane to another...
    Yeah, that'll be cool. I'm looking into it. It's a little tricky and complicated, but not impossible
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Could you add, open in new card, for the browser? Could be a new glimpse card or opens in the default browser.
    just got the app, great app! Keep up the good work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12