Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Yesterday did anyone else see the batch of TouchPad apps from Postmedia Network for their various Canadian newspapers? and pick one to install out of curiosity?

if not, do a search for Postmedia and grab one like the Calgary Herald or Vancouver Sun - they have created a VERY nice app! I googled and found a tweet where someone commented that it took them 6 weeks using only web developers. I hope more companies see that opportunity and we get a ton more like this! or maybe Postmedia just needs to share with more media companies

Cheers, Clarice

screenshot:

calgaryherald_2011-15-07_130552 by shrxwin, on Flickr
    Last edited by shrxwin; 07/15/2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added screenshot
    good call... just downloaded the Gazette and its pretty cool indeed.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Ya saw this this morning from a tweet! Got the Edmonton Journal app! Its a little laggy, but still great none the less!
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    Ya saw this this morning from a tweet! Got the Edmonton Journal app! Its a little laggy, but still great none the less!
    I downloaded the Edmonton Journal....but why? Well, there's an IndyCar race there in a week for me to lurk about for & it's always more fun to read the local headlines. Good stuff! Hope to visit Edmonton in the next year or two! Cheers.
    I wish the star had an app.

their regular website blows unless you go to the mobile version.

also I hope that macleans releases an app for the touchpad
    I saw this and was expected to see an add infested crap fest and was blown away at how nice and smooth it runs. I'm glad it's free.
    nice it works now! For some reason all I could get yesterday was the top banner with weather and that's it. Well off to change my rating. Pretty nice app. Glad for some Canadian content in the catalog.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    kjb86 likes this.
    Good to see Canadian content ready for the Canadian launch. Anyone tried the Vancouver Sun?
    The Ottawa Citizen app works very well, its good to see apps being made for the touchpad!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->