Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcerwinske
  • 1 Post By snoopgoat
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have published a review of Glimpse, a great app, for those interested.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Great review and same here, love the ability to multitask within a single app. Usually have the RSS/Calendar/web open.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I'm hoping for a Google + widget. I wish there was a way to run any app as a widget, that would be killer.
    James Kendrick
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    I have published a review of Glimpse, a great app, for those interested.
    Good stuff...Thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    You should add a link to this youtube video in your review. Speaks way louder than still photos

spare likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    I'm hoping for a Google + widget. I wish there was a way to run any app as a widget, that would be killer.
    Thanks for the review. And yes, there is a way to run (almost) any app as a widget, but that will result in the App not being accepted in the catalog
    This app is looking awesome, just the kind of app that's perfect for the Touchpad. It's apps like these that really make me want a Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Thanks for the review. And yes, there is a way to run (almost) any app as a widget, but that will result in the App not being accepted in the catalog
    At the user level?
    James Kendrick
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Does it just require us to uncomment some code?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Does it just require us to uncomment some code?
    Would it be possible to have a homebrew patch for Glimpse that would enable this feature and not violate the App Catalog rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by wylis76 View Post
    Would it be possible to have a homebrew patch for Glimpse that would enable this feature and not violate the App Catalog rules?
    It's probably not as simple, because there may be some un-intended consequences (like issues with Just Type, database storing, app updates. Like I said in a previous forum post, I'm better off waiting for HP/Palm to open up the api (which they will eventually)