webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Music Player Remix, Not in App Catalog
Music Player Remix, Not in App Catalog
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/14/2011, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 28
I had purchased the app when it came out in the app store. Since then had to reinstall webos 2.0.1 on my VZW Pre 2. Went to go download Music Player Remix and its not in the App catalog anymore. When I found it on HPs App Website, I send a link for it to my phone, but then was greeted that the app doesn't work with my webos version. Although it used too. Any ideas?
adamzenwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2011, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamzenwine View Post
I had purchased the app when it came out in the app store. Since then had to reinstall webos 2.0.1 on my VZW Pre 2. Went to go download Music Player Remix and its not in the App catalog anymore. When I found it on HPs App Website, I send a link for it to my phone, but then was greeted that the app doesn't work with my webos version. Although it used too. Any ideas?
There's a bug in the HP app portal preventing webOS 2.0.1 devices from seeing my app. You can read more details in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html

If you previously purchased the app, you can use Impostah (found in Preware) to re-download it. The app catalog version's app id is com.hedami.musicplayerremix. The web feed version's app id is com.hedami.mprweb.

For any other questions about the app, please visit my developer forum here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2011, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 28
omg, worked like a charm. thanks so much.
adamzenwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2011, 06:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamzenwine View Post
omg, worked like a charm. thanks so much.
I'm glad it worked...thanks webOS Internals for creating that utility. At least we have homebrew solutions that workaround HP bugs.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
TopTongueBarry's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
There's a bug in the HP app portal preventing webOS 2.0.1 devices from seeing my app. You can read more details in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...yer-remix.html

If you previously purchased the app, you can use Impostah (found in Preware) to re-download it. The app catalog version's app id is com.hedami.musicplayerremix. The web feed version's app id is com.hedami.mprweb.

For any other questions about the app, please visit my developer forum here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/
webOS 2.2 devices (Pre 3) do not see it either.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
webOS 2.2 devices (Pre 3) do not see it either.
Check again because I recently updated it to be Pre 3 compatible. Several Pre 3 owners have contacted me to confirm they downloaded it.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Steven Baughman's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Hello, I don't know if this post goes here, but when I went to download Music Player (Remix) from the Developer.palm.com with the email sent to my Pre 3, I clicked on the link on my Pre 3 and the App Catalog shows me the HP han**** with "This is not a valid HP webOS application." Any thoughts on how I might remedy this so that I may be able to use Music Player (Remix) on my Pre 3? Is there a patch or something that I don't have that is holding me up? Thanks for your time.
Steven Baughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
What App Catalog country are you on?
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Steven Baughman's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
What App Catalog country are you on?
North America, as far as I know.
Steven Baughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
You should check with Impostah (get from Preware).
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Baughman View Post
Hello, I don't know if this post goes here, but when I went to download Music Player (Remix) from the Developer.palm.com with the email sent to my Pre 3, I clicked on the link on my Pre 3 and the App Catalog shows me the HP han**** with "This is not a valid HP webOS application." Any thoughts on how I might remedy this so that I may be able to use Music Player (Remix) on my Pre 3? Is there a patch or something that I don't have that is holding me up? Thanks for your time.
I had someone else email me about a similar issue on their Pre 3. The app is still listed as available on the Pre 3 (as it should be since I never removed it from that device).

I'll contact webOS developer relations to see if there's some type of issue with my app in the Pre 3 catalog.

Do you see any other paid apps in the app catalog?

EDIT: Asked some of my Twitter followers if they can see it in the catalog, and a few Pre 3 owners responded that they can. So if you search for "music player", it doesn't show up? And if you click this link, what happens: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami

Last edited by DanPLC; 12/26/2012 at 11:17 PM.
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Steven Baughman's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You should check with Impostah (get from Preware).
It says country: AT. Let me know if you need any more information.
Steven Baughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
There's your problem. The App Catalog on your profile is set to Austria. Use the country changer in my sig to switch it to one of US, AU, CA, DE, ES, FR, or GB. Or really, where you have your credit card.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Steven Baughman's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
Do you see any other paid apps in the app catalog?
The app catalog isn't showing any paid apps.

Also, thank you to everyone taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.
Steven Baughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
DanPLC's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Baughman View Post
The app catalog isn't showing any paid apps.

Also, thank you to everyone taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.
You had me scared there for a second...well hope you get it sorted out.
__________________
Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 11:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Steven Baughman's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Got the country code switched and I now have access to paid apps. Again, thanks for the help!
Steven Baughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0