1. Open App Catalog
    2. Search for "spotify"
    3. Click the Spotify app
    4. "This app is not available in your country"
    5. swipe back
    6. Repeat 3 through 5 until it actually opens up
    7. Click Download

You now have the spotify app in the good ole US of A

Just did this about 5 minutes ago. You will need a 10 dollar a month Premium subscription for it to work, I believe, but I was planning on doing that anyway.
    Yeah, Adora just announced on Twitter that it should be going live in the US App Catalog at some point today (it generally takes a while after they click the button).

If you're impatient, you can also use Impostah in the meantime.
  3.    #3  
    Sweet, I guess that must mean it is just not fully updated in the catalog system yet. I probably just kinda "pushed" it through by doing that.
    I just downloaded the app on my Pre- without any problems. Now all I need is an invite.
  5.    #5  
    I bet you could sign up for the unlimited plan for 5 bux, then just downgrade after this month to the free plan and that would skip you through the invite process. You could just think of it as spending 5 bux on the app just an idea.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I just downloaded the app on my Pre- without any problems. Now all I need is an invite.
    You don't need an invite to start using it in the US. Just follow these steps. I just did and it worked just fine. Listening on my Pre- right now
    I just installed on a pre-. Wireless syncing in progress. This looks pretty nice
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I got it on my Pre + running 1.4.5! Just had to search for it and there it was. HP will probably have an update for it sometime today...maybe.
    well this is a nice surprise. got it working on a Pre - 1.4.5. This is the first app that's interesed me enough to download in about a year. Still not exactly sure if its something i'm looking for but i'm giving it a test. not seeing all my itunes music though.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    How to Get Spotify Free Without an Invite $0 - Slickdeals.net

get a username now without invite...

Doesn't do much without a premium account however.
    yeah i only got the free and i it's really not special. it only sees a few of my songs. If it doesn't stream everything i got at home for free it's not much use to me. But other may like it. maybe i'm doing it wrong though. who knows.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    mine says that i get a free 30 day trial when i signed up for the premium, i like
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    lukehale likes this.
    If you're still waiting for your free invite from spotify.com, try Trent Reznor's (Nine Inch Nails) invite (even if it says they're all out of invites): https://www.spotify.com/us/trent-reznor/

I got mine immediately. Btw, it's a nice touch that the Spotify app for webOS is available immediately for the U.S. launch. I'm streaming stuff now on it.
  14.    #14  
    So it turns out that after all the excitement. . . For some reason my spotify keeps telling I need a 3G connection or better to stream. . . I'm on HSPA+. . . It seems to work fine on my g/'s Pixi. Maybe it is just a bug that won't recognize a "4g" signal? Strange way to do it, but I guess it would be an easy way to code for. Works great over Wifi though.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I was just going to post the same error. After my initial excitement, I realized that it won't work on my Veer outside of Wifi. Hopefully they come out with a fix soon as it really makes the service useless for me without the ability to stream over 3G.
    lukehale likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcclone View Post
    I was just going to post the same error. After my initial excitement, I realized that it won't work on my Veer outside of Wifi. Hopefully they come out with a fix soon as it really makes the service useless for me without the ability to stream over 3G.

I would suggest going to the help menu of you spotify app and go to Send Email, then send them an explanation of the problem that way. I have a feeling there may not be enough reports of this issue for it to really get noticed. I tried to find a way to email them on the website too, but I couldnt find it, just through the app. Of course if you have already done so, then well done if not, then get to it!(please). We gotta get this working right.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Good idea, just sent the e-mail to Spotify via the Help menu within the app. Thanks for the heads up.