Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    same here. can someone pm me the ipk please.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The link provided by CaFe88 is the solution; it's a bit of work but worth the effort. Also, you must have a premium account.
    Cool works! Can't wait for an HD version. Thanks to aybikes and blooper62 for full .ipk.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaFe88 View Post
    thanks, worked great!
    Okay I have a noob question. This will only work for premium accounts. I have free account where I just log in with name and password and listen to all the music I want. I assume I do not have a premium account and this fix will not work for me correct?
    premium account will allow it to work :-)

listening to mine now in high quality it sounds great
    For those who found that Spotify would load on the Touchpad, but just present you with a screen with a black Palm Pre outline and would not respond, try repeating installation step six:

6.) On your computer, in webOS Quick Install, click the green plus sign button. Navigate to the Spotify folder that we unzipped a moment ago, and select "com.palm.app.spotify_0.5.1_all.ipk". Now hit the Install button.

I had the same issue, and after much double checking on the proper copying of the files to the appropriate folders, I simply repeated step 6, rebooted, and then all worked just fine--after I remembered that my user name was not my email address.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlanco06 View Post
    premium account will allow it to work :-)

listening to mine now in high quality it sounds great
    With Spotify Premium - can you actually download tracks/albums to the TP - or - is it limited to streaming?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    With Spotify Premium - can you actually download tracks/albums to the TP - or - is it limited to streaming?

TIA
    Yes, you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by aybikes View Post
    Yes, you can.
    That COULD be my killer app!!! I have the next 2 days off - maybe I'll spring for the premium, and give it a good workout.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    it works great. Both my TPs are synced with spotify for offline listening as only one TP can stream at a time.
    Hi. Can someone please pm me the full .ipk? I'm in the process of moving and don't have my laptop or way to unzip on my touchpad.

Thank you.
    Yipeee! I just got the install to work.
    Third time was the charm?

I think the dif was .ipk was newer (0.5.1) and the
    supporting files got copied to the right spots this time..

I used instructions from gdgt: Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - gdgt. The only diff was that I had to directly copy the files using WebOSQuickInstall, since I couldn't get Internalz Pro re-installed.

Funny, I seemed to have it previously on the TP.
    I wonder if it came over from my phone profile but after a reset it wasn't there any more. Also Gemini seemed to have permission / access issues with the directories in question. WebOSQuickInstall worked like a charm.

Thanks
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by CaFe88 View Post
    This worked for me too. w00t!
    Hi,

I made a patch to have a HD-like version of Spotify for the TouchPad.
    You can download the patch here : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3156178
    brandonmarkb likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroi View Post
    Hi,

You can download the patch here : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3156178
    That sounds cool,

Do you have any pics of the way it looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002whitegt View Post
    That sounds cool,

Do you have any pics of the way it looks?
    Yep,

Album view:

Artist view:

Playing:

Playlist:

It's not perfect but it's better than the emulated app
    It's not perfect but it's better than the emulated app
    Don't be so modest, that patch looks sick! So much better than the emulated one. Thanks for your work.
    Hi,

OK - Totally noob question - does this get installed by itself, or on top of the other "fix"?

TIA
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast