Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the ota is for system updates, not apps. Updates to apps will be found in soft manager or app catalog.
    though was HP teams essential maybe added to the ota, such as calc, and clok app.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    I have Spotify on my Touchpad. Works great. I'll see if I can post some detailed instructions and files (if permitted) later today.
    please do that, I'd love to have it working.
    yes... please do.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Alright... I can't see anything wrong with providing a link for a FREE app. If anyone is more up to snuff on the rules and regulations please let me know if I'm in violation, and I will gladly take down the link...

<<link deleted by staff>>

This is a dummy .ipk that will need to be installed with WebOSQuickInstall. Once installed you will need to update it with the Software manager and then restart your phone/touchpad

If you are using it on a WebOS 2.x phone or on the Touchpad you will probably need do the following if you are unable to get past the login screen...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3033698

Please read the full thread that was posted for webOS 2.x devices for more information and give any thanks to tfelgentreff...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...webos-2-x.html

You will also need the following:

Developer Mode Enabled (webos20090606)
    Preware
    Internalz Pro (from Preware)

Just to be clear this is NOT an official touchpad app, but it does work if you just gotta have Spotify on your Touchpad! (I know I do!!!) I have only been able to test it with a UK account and works just like the phone app would.

Enjoy!!!

- Dan
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/27/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    redmist and kayphoonstar like this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nachuman View Post
    This is a dummy .ipk that will need to be installed with WebOSQuickInstall. Once installed you will need to update it with the Software manager and then restart your phone/touchpad
    How do you actually do this?

I'm in software manager. I click on Spotify, but there is no Update option :-(
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    So I was a bit confused when I downloaded the zip file and only found 2 files until I realized that 1 file went two different places and the other goes to 3 different places.

So for the Touchpad:

1. Download this link from Nachuman's <link deleted by staff> and install it via Preware.

2. Open "Software Manager" and wait for the "One Application to be updated" button to appear. Update.

3. Download this zip file from tfelgentreff's post. I had to download it to my pc since I couldn't figure out how to get the zip to open and extract on the TP. Then I used WebOS Quick Install to send the 2 files in the zip to the download directory of the TP. Then, using Internalz HD I copied the files as noted by nachuman is his earlier post as follows:

copy the file 'com.spotify.palmserver.service' to:

/var/palm/system-services/com.spotify.palmserver.service
    -AND
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.spotify/resources/com.spotify.palmserver.service

and copy the file 'com.spotify.palmserver.json' to:

/var/palm/ls2/roles/pub/com.spotify.palmserver.json
    -AND
    /var/palm/ls2/roles/com.spotify.palmserver.json
    -AND
    /var/palm/ls2/roles/prv/com.spotify.palmserver.json

4. Restart your Touchpad.

Using the above posts - I now have Spotify on my TouchPad syncing with the HP app on my Pre2 and my Desktop PC. SWEET! Thanks all!

(now watch - the HP Touchpad app will show up in the catalog tomorrow)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/27/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Thanks, I've got it working now, too! Spotify with Beats...
    bassace#WN likes this.
    I was sooo excited to see this thread - but I can't get beyond the software manager bit - it never prompts for an update. Is there some way to force it to check?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jb97 View Post
    I was sooo excited to see this thread - but I can't get beyond the software manager bit - it never prompts for an update. Is there some way to force it to check?
    Try restarting your tpad -- software manager sometimes won't pick up pending updates until after a restart.

I've been using Spotify on my tpad for a couple weeks now, works pretty well although scrolling within the app sometimes hangs for a few seconds. Still hope they come with a native tpad app soon.
    Shoot..
    I knew it was too good to be true.. I can't seem to get past the software update portion either... guess I am stuck waiting...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    same here. No updates from software manager :-( waiting > 24hrs now.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I have it installed and can play local files. When I try to play from a playlist it says "this file is not available for streaming on spotify". Do we have to get the paid plan for this to work?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I have it installed and can play local files. When I try to play from a playlist it says "this file is not available for streaming on spotify". Do we have to get the paid plan for this to work?
    I believe you do on portable devices... This app does work on the TouchPad. But I have a premium account, so don't know if it works for free
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Try restarting your tpad -- software manager sometimes won't pick up pending updates until after a restart.

I've been using Spotify on my tpad for a couple weeks now, works pretty well although scrolling within the app sometimes hangs for a few seconds. Still hope they come with a native tpad app soon.
    Are you in the US or the UK? Mine's not showing the update in Software Manager either, which really sucks because I am a paid customer. $10 a month for mobile usage which I can't use on my mobile device! Go figure. [sigh]
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqueIV View Post
    Are you in the US or the UK? Mine's not showing the update in Software Manager either, which really sucks because I am a paid customer. $10 a month for mobile usage which I can't use on my mobile device! Go figure. [sigh]
    I'm in the US -- I'm a Spotify premium subscriber too and everything syncs up on my TPad, Pre- and all my computers.

Did you do a luna restart or a full device restart? Try the full device restart and see if it pops up. I know a few other apps have recently updated so it should pull them all up at once. If that doesn't work try opening opening software manager and scrolling down to Spotify manually.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm also stuck waiting for the update... Any luck on this? I have restarted both the TP and Luna, but nothing...
    I too can't get the app to update...

I did look in Impostah and noticed under installed apps that the spotify shell app doesn't show up. Could this be the reason?
    didn't update for me either. Just to be clear, we just install the ipk before trying the update, or do we need to install all the files described above first?
    The update should show up before you copy the files, but I'd probably try copying them anyway if the update isn't coming. After installing the *.ipk, do you see the Spotify icon?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    The update should show up before you copy the files, but I'd probably try copying them anyway if the update isn't coming. After installing the *.ipk, do you see the Spotify icon?
    The problem is that some of the folders that you are supposed to copy files in do not exist before the spotify update. I'm guessing that they will be created with the update...
    Could it have something to do with the recent 3.0.2 update?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast