Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    WHen are they releasing the FULL version (vs preview)?

    Not supporting secure connections (https) is hindering full productivity on my Touchpad. I still have to carry my windows netbook around..

    Any word on when this is going to be fixed? Who wrote this software? HP or citrix? or someone else?

    No reason why the TP cant do what the iPad can in this regard.

    Please HP!
    cyberprashant and Tikkanen like this.
  2. #2  
    you should probrably contact the support address for the app.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    WHen are they releasing the FULL version (vs preview)?

    Not supporting secure connections (https) is hindering full productivity on my Touchpad. I still have to carry my windows netbook around..

    Any word on when this is going to be fixed? Who wrote this software? HP or citrix? or someone else?

    No reason why the TP cant do what the iPad can in this regard.

    Please HP!
    waiting for this too - maybe the hp reps on the forums will take notice
  4. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #4  
    Let's just say that the Playbook version of Citrix Receiver has been delayed until September.
  5.    #5  
    sad being the underdog sometimes :-(
  6. #6  
    I just found this out with my new TouchPad. They shouldn't market it like it's fully functional, if it no worky. Works fine on iPad and Android.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlack View Post
    I just found this out with my new TouchPad. They shouldn't market it like it's fully functional, if it no worky. Works fine on iPad and Android.
    agreed. But whose fault is it? Hp or citrix?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    WHen are they releasing the FULL version (vs preview)?

    Not supporting secure connections (https) is hindering full productivity on my Touchpad. I still have to carry my windows netbook around..

    Any word on when this is going to be fixed? Who wrote this software? HP or citrix? or someone else?

    No reason why the TP cant do what the iPad can in this regard.

    Please HP!
    No https? Ah, that explains it. Spent a good amount of time troubleshooting this with the server and was thinking it has to be a client issue. Now I know. :/ Thats the only thing I'm missing to round out the TPad. (got movies from Crackle and amazon, music thru HP Play, doc editing through GDocs, WPA2-LEAP to the network, VPN to the servers. Almost the full package except for Citrix access.
  9.    #9  
    so i have been in touch with Richard kerris and one other dev team member and they told me there should be some news this coming Friday as they are set to meet with Citrix folks Thursday. Lets pray for some updates!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    so i have been in touch with Richard kerris and one other dev team member and they told me there should be some news this coming Friday as they are set to meet with Citrix folks Thursday. Lets pray for some updates!
    excellent that they are communicating on this. It is a make or break deal for me.
    Tikkanen likes this.
  11. #11  
    all they have to do is add https support....should not be rocket science

    very few production citrix farms are http
  12. #12  
    Citrix does work nicely, was able to get it working in my test environment at work. Unfortunately it does not support using Novell for authentication, only Windows/AD and they have no plans on adding this enhancement.
  13. #13  
    beerdini, I assume you are not using https, correct? I mean, we know the demo works without https.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  14. #14  
    same situation here...q
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    excellent that they are communicating on this. It is a make or break deal for me.
    Likewise here. Tried logging in to my hospitals Cerner EMR today, and got the ubiquitous "A required library is missing (SSL error 6)" message. My I.T. Guy said he'd run it by one of the higher level tech's but that they are only officially supporting iPads and Android devices at this time.

    If there is no fix by the end of my 30 day return window, I'll need to move on to a supported device.
  16. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #16  
    This is the Citrix staff that is handling beta testing of the Playbook's Citrix Receiver, email them if there is a beta testing for the TouchPad version.

    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...39/index3.html
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Likewise here. Tried logging in to my hospitals Cerner EMR today, and got the ubiquitous "A required library is missing (SSL error 6)" message. My I.T. Guy said he'd run it by one of the higher level tech's but that they are only officially supporting iPads and Android devices at this time.

    If there is no fix by the end of my 30 day return window, I'll need to move on to a supported device.
    (At a Citrix event in Santa Clara today.) According to the Citrix reps here, the Receiver app on Touchpad is pure HTML5, which should be identical to the Chromebook app. They said the app is beta, and were not willing to comment on general availability. Don't beat on HP.

    Edit: A Citrix person has a Touchpad. She commented about the lack of SSL. Don't have my TP with me. Someone should try to install Optware and the SSL library. If it is installed, or can be symlinked, in a directory that is in the dynamic library path, it might work.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by dgdonovan; 07/21/2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Dan Donovan
  18. #18  
    According to Chris Fleck at Citrix the current Receiver App is a Tech Preview only, and they plan to support SSL and Access Gateway in a few months.

    Definitely not what I wanted to hear.
    Tikkanen likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    According to Chris Fleck at Citrix the current Receiver App is a Tech Preview only, and they plan to support SSL and Access Gateway in a few months.

    Definitely not what I wanted to hear.

    well good to know, looks like it will be going back!


    I find the tablet form factor to be of less use than a netbook anyway.

    Ideally HP would make an asus transformer like touchpad that runs webOS as the screen when detached, but could be either windows or webos when docked.

    that would be for me, but its not the kind of thing that the tech press seems to love.
    There are four lights.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    According to Chris Fleck at Citrix the current Receiver App is a Tech Preview only, and they plan to support SSL and Access Gateway in a few months.

    Definitely not what I wanted to hear.
    wow not good. any way to do this via xecutah and webos-internals hackery - actually citrix has a client for linux? can someone who is knowlegable give it a try?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions