Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sevensoft
  • 5 Post By sevensoft
  1.    #1  
    Trying out all kinds of new stuff with my touchpad.

Decided to try quake from homebrew.
    It starts up, but you can't really do anything because of the lack of physical keyboard. Got the bright idea to pair a keyboard.

After fiddling with pairing an Apple a1255 bluetooth keyboard, finally got it working. Typing this post using it.

Next up.. Quake..

Took a bit of figuring out what was going on with the keybindings (action vs. Normal keyboard mode along with caps lock was causing all kinds of screwy behavior.

Once I got it sorted out: Quake working awesome on the TP.

Maybe i'll blog or take a vid tomorrow if anyone is interested.
    sorli likes this.
    Awesome. This is one of the first things I show my friends on my Pre-. It doesn't hurt that we still go to Quake lan parties every year now for the last oh, 12 to 14 years?
    cool hopefully you can also get QuakeLive going on the Touchpad so i will have a reason to get one!!
  4.    #4  
    Somewhat fed up with the negativity on the Touchpad so i figured I'd at least throw some love its way.

Once you pair a keyboard up to get into the game itself, does the onscreen overlay control work?

I don't currently have access to the BT keyboard to try but I'd be very interested to know.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is the remapping of keys necessary and/or difficult?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Anyway to do this without the KB?
    edit the config.cfg to have "map e1m1" in it, then you can at least start
    Where is the config.cfg file located. I've been searching through the file system for a little bit and haven't found it.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    so is there a way to actually start the game with touch only and not with the use of keyboards?
    It doesn't look like there is. I paired a bluetooth to it, and you can use the menu then, and then the onscreen controls work.

I wish that it were GLquake! heh
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: