Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Prefox can be HD very easily and you can have excellent optimization with my update in the Pre- forum...

BUT the screen rotation is off to the left always by 90 degrees and the keyboard is not recognising when you tap in the search field.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO FIX THIS please do. If not, I am working on this as I can and hope to have a fix sometime soon.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/17/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #2  
    if anyone knows of a simple rotation cheat via appinfo.json that would be great... Otherwise I have found a couple Mozilla Fennec forums I will try tonight that have rotation lock info for the prefs.jsjsjs $file$ $which$ $is$ $an$ $easy$ $modification$.

toolkit.screen.lock=true & a few other items someone with little code experience can try.

AGAIN, any help would be very much appreciated by myself and I am sure many other HP Touchpad owners.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
  3.    #3  
    Well, with much digging I was able to fix the browser.

THEN I copied com.fractalbrew.prefox to my computer and made a few more changes to it for font and visual appeal and renamed the browser to Fennec HD, removed the original creators name, company, version etc. And made it my own.

Now its time to repackage it and put it on my box account for safe keeping.

I can has ipk?k
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Well, with much digging I was able to fix the browser.

THEN I copied com.fractalbrew.prefox to my computer and made a few more changes to it for font and visual appeal and renamed the browser to Fennec HD, removed the original creators name, company, version etc. And made it my own.

Now its time to repackage it and put it on my box account for safe keeping.
    Dont you wanna share by posting it in the app catalog...?!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  6.    #6  
    With the lack of response in the WebOS community and the newly horrible Homebrew community (You must be an "in the limelight" coder to get any feedback) I have chosen to not release any applications or patches EVER again.

hate me all you want. But unless the community changes... There is no chance for real assistance around here.

Demetry if I had a touchpad I would have tried to help like i did in Pre forum. Please don't take this the wrong way but as I was reading this thread I thought about the story of The Little Red Hen!

Ps still enjoying your Friday soundtrack app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Demetry if I had a touchpad I would have tried to help like i did in Pre forum. Please don't take this the wrong way but as I was reading this thread I thought about the story of The Little Red Hen!
    And I've got a Touchpad, but not the skills to help, or I would. But isn't it a little early in the adoption cycle (less than 3 weeks for most of us to even have one) to pick up your marbles and go home?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    You should not let something like this sour your attitude in life. That's way more important then all the apps and patches.
    With the lack of response in the WebOS community and the newly horrible Homebrew community (You must be an "in the limelight" coder to get any feedback) I have chosen to not release any applications or patches EVER again.

hate me all you want. But unless the community changes... There is no chance for real assistance around here.
    I have to say, the above statement doesn't exactly gybe with your signature (used in the rant):

Thanks for all of the support in Preware, App Catalog & the Forums.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I have to say, the above statement doesn't exactly gybe with your signature (used in the rant):
    this thread is not about my signature or about the 2+ years ago when I put that on there.

I know right? I almost half-think he is joking.

It's almost like saying, "I have the cure for the common cold, but because no one helped me in my biology final (you have to be in the genius group to get any help), I'm not going to release cures or medicines EVER again."
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post

Ps still enjoying your Friday soundtrack app.
    Yeah man I know. There are few of us who help with any little thing we can. I am just tired of all the wants around here and no "giving back".

you on the other hand have always been a giver in the forums. I applaud you.

I don't know what to say man. I asked for beta testers for my Google Reader app and the response has been amazing. They are really giving back, with great feedback that is really improving my app. It's my experience that there are still a lot of folks around here that will help in any way they can, not just a few.
    So you took someone elses work, made small changes to it and wont share, sounds fair.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Yeah man I know. There are few of us who help with any little thing we can. I am just tired of all the wants around here and no "giving back".

was it developer help you couldnt receive or testers?
    Might I suggest using the HP webOS developer community.

While there might be a lot of developers on Precentral, most are probably seeking user input (beta testing, feedback etc) and most viewers of this thread might not be equipped to help.

Again, my suggestion would be not to take the lack of overwhelming response too personal (even though you shouldn't be faulted for that). Instead broaden your request to the HP hosted webOS developer community forum https://developer.palm.com/distribution/index.php .

Hopefully, you will be able to get responses there from folks with the expertise to help.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18.    #18  
    I am part of the HP developers forum, I would rather not kill progress on the OS as we all know it needs a little work... I have been a part of the EAP and the main since 08. I have spoke very little there and have just watched mostly... That is how I learned the little programming I do know for WebOS.

to get Prefer to work create a scene around it and add this to your scene
    this.controller.setWindowOrientation("up");

other then that I do not know a fix for the 90% phase shift without creating the scene for it to work in.

ok, so what are you asking of people? You spent time on this code for what? to ask for help fixing something, not get it, then say it's done and that you're not posting it because of your indignation towards the lack of response? Firefox on the touchpad, I think it's a fine idea but you need to lighten up a bit because I've seen plenty of other apps, patches and developers get plenty of feed back on other issues.

I'll not argue the point about your observations regarding general human behavior on forums, I can't because it's true. Mostly leeches, no contributors and no amount of holding back code on which you spent who knows how many hours of your life creating, is gonna change that. Release it or don't, that's your call, but don't be a drama queen about it.
    spare, ALuckyGuy and antdizzle like this.
    I tend to agree. I've seen this kind of thing in other dev communities too and it's the same story every time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast