Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Dedicated QA Tester here. I got a touchpad, pre- and a veer so covering all angles.

If anyone wants prefox HD tested with changes let me know.
    *The app works fine on the Pre- with a little lag... Check my original Pre- thread.
    *The app should be good for the Veer, the Veer has a much quicker CPU so I don't see a problem with the speed of the app... But let us know.
    *The Touchpad compatability is a no go still as I do not know what the original Dev added for WebOS support, he has PDK in the appinfo.json, but if it is a PDK app he has left out important files and information to make it a PDK app.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Here is info about the source and some information about building it for the device.

PreFox | Fractal Brew
  3.    #43  
    not sure why you would need to build it again from source when there is already ipkg files for easy installation.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    not sure why you would need to build it again from source when there is already ipkg files for easy installation.

The reason to build from source is to make fixes and tweaks before compile that can't be done once it is in ipkg format.
    Hi, never used the make stuff before, im trying to do the
    make -C /prefox/embedding/webos installer

command but i get:

make: *** No rule to make target `installer'. Stop.
    Last edited by theinnkeeper; 09/05/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    might want to consider getting Firefox for tablets ported over instead. Thought its not out yet Mozilla Shows Off Firefox for Tablets | Webmonkey | Wired.com
    stickerboy likes this.
    Ok i got it packaged, but running into the same problem as everybody else, it crashes when you try to render a site. Edit.. it crashes when you hit a 404 site. if the site exists its fine.
    Last edited by theinnkeeper; 09/05/2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Hi i got it running on touchpad, but i had a question, does the version you have running on pre- support css dropdowns and div scrolling, cant seem to get that to work.
    I wish I could help but I haven't developed an app
    i just want to personnaly thanks everybody for their work in this project.

i know nothing about coding, the only code i knew was gwbasic in 1993...since that i know nothing else than help by testing game / apps.

thanks alot for taking your time to make good apps for our community.
    The link isnt working, can you reupload it please?
    been WAITING for this like every day
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    versions but (and it's a big but) it got to be packaged into something I can just install or at least please give step-by-step SOP so someone with extremely limited knowledge of Unix/Linux can follow. I am good at testing though (not sure I ever had anything more stable then beta Firefox running on my main PC).
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    might want to consider getting Firefox for tablets ported over instead. Thought its not out yet Mozilla Shows Off Firefox for Tablets | Webmonkey*| Wired.com

there is also this that was just announced Mozilla Developing Open Web Mobile OS
    Hi all,
    I know this thread was/is dead, but the new webOS commons (http://www.webosnation.com/made-app-...-webos-commons) looks like it would be a good place for your code to live, as I have seen a lot of people here say that they hate the stock browser, so I feel it would get lots of attention if it were posted there. I for one think it would be worthwhile, but it's your choice!
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    Hi all,
    I know this thread was/is dead, but the new webOS commons (http://www.webosnation.com/made-app-...-webos-commons) looks like it would be a good place for your code to live, as I have seen a lot of people here say that they hate the stock browser, so I feel it would get lots of attention if it were posted there. I for one think it would be worthwhile, but it's your choice!
    i think he kind of sort of did that. if you click on contact, it looks like he put the source code for download Contact | Fractal Brew

also on the front page he wrote "Anyone is welcome to take the initial code I wrote and try to get the project started again, that is the beauty of open source. I would love to hear from you if you do and will happily direct anyone asking to you"
    (seems to be a statement giving permission for people to use it)
    he then directs to a link here Building PreFox | Fractal Brew
    Last edited by illli; 01/07/2012 at 02:55 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123