Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    demetry14:

Prefox is on my list. Unfortunately, I have had to wrestle with the TouchPad's horrible webkit implementation first so that I can get Audiophile into a usable condition.

I have no problem with you holding back on releasing the ipk, but updating a git with your fixes would be appropriate, given that its GPL code and so your work isn't lost completely.
  2.    #22  
    Here is the IPK, it works once, then you have to remove the app and folders associated with it and reinstall for it to work again. If it dies upon launch, you need to up the requiredMemory in appinfo.json.

If anyone can find where I went wrong or a fix it would be great since the app has issues whether you use my changed version or the original.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Mize likes this.
    Thanks for throwing that out there. I'm sure someone will get it worked out.
    I would love to see this working. I can't program worth a damn, but I would beta test if desired.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    This would be sweet - let me know if you need a tester for this.
    Where did you get the original source code from, what version and so on? and is your source code posted somewhere for people to take a look? Without this information at hand it is hard to help in development. Another place to look for dev advice on new and cool projects like this is at webos-internals.org. Try their IRC channel but it might take some time to get input from them, they too are working on major projects like this. but it is worth a try. Hope to see something awesome come from this.
    I have been wanting to get into programming anyways, so I will play with it when I have free time and see if I can figure anything out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #29  
    CURIOUS... What does that have to do with the thread? I didn't see anything WebOS related.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Here is the IPK, it works once, then you have to remove the app and folders associated with it and reinstall for it to work again. If it dies upon launch, you need to up the requiredMemory in appinfo.json.
    Any chance to run on TP? Only got a reboot after launching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Any chance to run on TP? Only got a reboot after launching it.
    "If it dies upon launch, you need to up the requiredMemory in appinfo.json."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    LeoMartie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    "If it dies upon launch, you need to up the requiredMemory in appinfo.json."
    Changed from 32 to 128. No effect.
    not much of a coder, but i'll play around with it and report back anything interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    CURIOUS... What does that have to do with the thread? I didn't see anything WebOS related.
    I'm just venting my frustration that users have to make their own firefox and Mozilla is ignoring webOS which is, honestly, a platform that embraces their own goals and ambitions.
    Re your orientation problem, I have found the orientation parameters with the Touchpad to be ...

If you regard camera as positioned in the top side, values are
    2 = left, or landscape, left side down
    3 = right, or landscape, right side down
    4 = down, or reverse portrait
    5 = up, or normal portrait

compared with the original published values

The Mojo definition of the orientations was
    2 = up, or normal portrait
    3 = down, or reverse portrait
    4 = left, or landscape, left side down
    5 = right, or landscape, right side down
  15.    #36  
    it doesn't seem to work at all since 3.0.2 with my work, but if you get the IPK FROM MY ORIGINAL thread in the Pre- forum that version I update and fixed a couple issues (0.8.1) works find except the 90 degree issue and has better image and bar resolutions for the phone and Touchpad.

BUT I will be figuring out where to put the information from johncc when I have a chance.

MOZILLA AT THIS POINT SUCKS, THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE A WAY INTO IOS BUT ARE STILL NOT WORKING ON A WEBOS APP.

lets try this again. Source code, where can I find it? where can I find the changes you have made, both to the pre- version and the HD version? do you have it in a git repository some where? without this info people are going to have a difficult time helping. any information would be nice. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    I'm just venting my frustration that users have to make their own firefox and Mozilla is ignoring webOS which is, honestly, a platform that embraces their own goals and ambitions.
    With the new rapid release cycle as is, and with significant improvement still needed, mozilla is tied up completely with android.

Hp really should throw in some effort here, towards firefox, or opera mobile. Its not gonna happen all by mozilla alone.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Dedicated QA Tester here. I got a touchpad, pre- and a veer so covering all angles.

If anyone wants prefox HD tested with changes let me know.
    if I had only one wish to wish, I'd wish to be able to code a Firefox app for WebOS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast