Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Not only that but the ugly striping in those green buttons was fixed.
    3 updates in 1 day! HP App Catalog, CBS Interactive, and Dictionary from Paraclete. Hubba Hubba!
    Can someone please tell me how I can get these updates. Starting the 'software manager' manually also does not show any available updates. The experience with the Touchpad only keeps getting worse with each passing day. The email app does not send emails reliably. The facebook app does not show the photos and posts that I can see on a desktop PC. The quality of audio and video on Skype is actually less than even pathetic and now the 'software manager' won't even manually show available updates, let alone provide auto notifications of available updates. Thus, effectively it now seems that my TP is stuck with no path for upgrading the installed apps.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/14/2011 at 12:26 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I finally resorted to doctoring my TouchPad, hoping to resolve the issue of not being able to update apps. If nothing else I was hoping to be able to atleast have the new 'app catalog' version installed. But guess what, the doctoring did not help at all and not only does the updates still not work, but for unfathomable reasons the restoration process still installed the old versions of all the apps, including the 'app catalog'. Now, upon rebooting the TouchPad, it notifies me of 'seven' available updates, but when I click on the notification, it opens the 'software manager', which after a moment or two gives an error message stating "This action cannot be completed. Try later." After this, even starting the 'software manager' manually does not show the available updates. I am a total wits end as to what to do now. If only I was in the US I would have returned the TP for a refund and finally given up on my long association with Palm.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I finally resorted to doctoring my TouchPad, hoping to resolve the issue of not being able to update apps. If nothing else I was hoping to be able to atleast have the new 'app catalog' version installed. But guess what, the doctoring did not help at all and not only does the updates still not work, but for unfathomable reasons the restoration process still installed the old versions of all the apps, including the 'app catalog'. Now, upon rebooting the TouchPad, it notifies me of 'seven' available updates, but when I click on the notification, it opens the 'software manager', which after a moment or two gives an error message stating "This action cannot be completed. Try later." After this, even starting the 'software manager' manually does not show the available updates. I am a total wits end as to what to do now. If only I was in the US I would have returned the TP for a refund and finally given up on my long association with Palm.
    sounds like you could have an issue with your wifi network. Can you try a different network?
    I get the same error as sanjay (action can't be completed try again). I don't think its a WiFi issue, I've tried 4 networks, 3 of them within 3' of the antenna.

Interestingly, I'm also told 7 updates are available by the notification.

I've tried leaving Software Manager open for hours, restarting tpad (with & without going into Software Manager) to try to force a check. All to no avail. It just seems to pop up the notification whenever it feels like it.
    Paid apps from the US store have gone for me in Australia.

Shane.
    Mine seems to have updated on its on its own. Wouldn't of noticed the update if not for this forum. As for the above issues I have no idea why your having the problems, except the facebook photo one. I wasn't able to see my wifes photos on the TP facebook app and it turns out that it had to do with her photo setting and sharing with mobile devices.

I found that out though the chat on the TP help app. I would recommend trying the help chat. At the very least it should alert HP of the issue. Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12