Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I recently downloaded RoboTek HD. It's an awesome game and the developers did a really nice job with the graphics and game play. I decided to try out the new in app purchases by buying some extra power, coins and access to the recharger node. The purchase went through no problem but I didn't get access to anything. I tried it a second time and the purchase went through again and this time I got access to the new stuff as advertised.

I closed out the app after playing for a bit but when I restarted it, the stuff was gone again. I tried restarting but no luck.

The developers were very responsive with an email inquiry, but as they are Europe based, they don't have access to in game purchases to test it out themselves so they can't do anything right now.

Has anybody else had problems with this with this game, or in app purchases in general?
    I bought the small upgrade for $0.99 and had no such issues, it's stuck after many restarts of the app.
    I got a upgrade also, But I was messing around and dr'ed my TP and lost the upgrades. I didn't think to back it up.

Awesome game tho!
    Hexage apps are pretty sweet and very well polished. After playing Robotek (without any problems), I grabbed Totemo as well. It's a little creppy, but I can't put it down! Great puzzle game.
    well ask the developers if they got money, if the did, ask them to give you a promo code to buy it again.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Well, I just bought a ton of Hexage games after playing Robotek HD. Can't wait to try them all.
    I wanted to update that I found that after a webOS Doctor, In App Purchases are not restored.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    The only thing I've been able to discover is that if you minimize and close the card during a battle (as opposed to from the main map screen) it tends to NOT save the last few battle's worth of stuff.
    Perhaps it has to do with the 'database.db' bug' ([BUG!] webOS 3.0 Sqlite data disappearing randomly). I've had an issue with Data Manager where the database is lost after a restart. I don't know for sure if this is only an emulator issue or not. If it is related, it is supposed to be fixed in the OTA update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wanted to update that I found that after a webOS Doctor, In App Purchases are not restored.
    Same thing happened to me. How was this resolved, or can it be?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    I've written to Palm about this, so I think they're aware of it, but you might want to as well.

I also just tweeted the developers of the game to make sure they know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc1213 View Post
    Hexage apps are pretty sweet and very well polished. After playing Robotek (without any problems), I grabbed Totemo as well. It's a little creppy, but I can't put it down! Great puzzle game.
    Agreed. Robotek is my favorite game right now..

You should get Buka when it comes out for TP. Don't think it's been ported to 3.0 yet, but it's great on Pre-. It would be pretty awesome on a big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc1213 View Post

You should get Buka when it comes out for TP. Don't think it's been ported to 3.0 yet, but it's great on Pre-. It would be pretty awesome on a big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post

There actually is a Buka HD already.
    FYI... I just wrote a save/restore script for Robotek HD that should be posted to the forums later today and get into the app within the next 48 hours. So, that should hopefully resolve the restore issue going forward

adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work: