Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yesterday I received my Touchpad...awesome!

Well, there is a problem with the Facebook App. The app does not start. It stucks with the initial loading screen (the one with the large app icon and the glowing border around it). I did wait for a few minutes but it just keeps loading forever.

The Touchpad is an US import with the language set to German.

I have already tried the following steps:
    * Uninstall > Reinstall
    * Chat with HP Support > Uninstall > Reboot (hold power and the front-bottom-center-button for 15 seconds) > Reinstall
    * Uninstall > Power Off > Power On > Reinstall
    * Uninstall > Clear Browser Cache and Cookies > Power Off > Power On > Reinstall

Does anyone else have this issue? Any other steps I can try?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    occasionally mine does that - I've learned that if it goes past a few pulses to just swipe it closed and reopen - and it's almost always opened promptly on the 2nd try... good luck!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks, unfortunately that does not help in my case. HP webOS Support told me that I need a doctor and that is what I will do now. We will see if that helps.

For those who are interested here are the logs (1st level support seemed to be a little overwhelmed looking at it):

[2011-07-12 16:17:18] (Facebook) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'formats' of null, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/g11n/address/javascript/format.jsjsjs:$46$

[2011-07-12 16:17:18] (Facebook) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'defer' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.enyo-facebook/utils/Startup.jsjsjs:$65$

[2011-07-12 16:17:18] (Facebook) Tellurium : Subscribe Service..., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12085$

Update: After doctoring the app works.
    Last edited by shoe; 07/12/2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: update (success)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I also get this. What worked for me was to 'erase' the data (Settings -> Device info -> Reset options). But it only worked for half a day :-(

I'd rather they fix the app than constantly work around this stupid bug.

BTW I also use a US TP outside the US.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Could you please keep us posted whether this fixed it permanently please?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It is kind of sad but it wasn't a permanent fix. I tried to start the Facebook app again yesterday and now it doesn't start. Same log entries as before.

may this be related to the data loss bug (http://bit.ly/rinzN4)?
    Last edited by shoe; 07/14/2011 at 06:22 AM. Reason: edit url
    i have the same problem... Uninstalled but it aint working
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    If you want to check your log files get Lumberjack by webOS Internals (please consider a donation if you haven't already).

1. Start Lumberjack
    2. Filter by the Facebook App
    3. Follow Log
    4. Start the Facebook App

But you will probably receive the same entries as I have.

@cronhan: I tried to send you a DM but it seems that I cannot send DMs
    I did the erase apps and stuff after a chat with support. Still working 5 hrs later.knock on wood.

I'm on import german tp in sweden
    Found I'm also having problems with Facebook on my laptop using Firefox. Maybe Zuckerberg launched another fantastic new security patch that locks everything up so he can stare deep into your unworthy soul? Just one possibility.
    I had the same problem. Also with an US import to Austria. During the setup i chose the US market which seemed to cause that Facebook only works if I also use US regional settings. I tried to switch several times. After creating a new Profile it worked.

(I think I already have 5 profiles now. Its so stupid that it cannot be changed)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I could solve my problem by changing the format option in the webOS regional settings to Germany instead of Switzerland. Who shall I inform about this finding to fix the bug?