1.    #1  
    So I've been unable to install Preware on my TouchPad; I've done it under my original Pre easily, but for whatever reason, webOSQuickInstall just sits there, on the installing window (see below).

To ensure I'm not missing anything, here are my steps:

- connect TouchPad via USB to a computer with WOSQI v4.2.3 already on it
    - once computer recognizes the TouchPad, run the .jar file (with the latest Java on it)
    - click the Homebrew apps button (3rd one from above; used to be a globe icon now I just can't make it. Below the plus and minus icons.) and wait until it downloads/parses the apps/patches list
    - on the new window, under the 1st tab, applications, find Preware and click Install.

Now, WOSQI should download and install Preware, but it doesn't. Well, it does say "download" but then it gets hung up on "installing", which might mean something with the connection.
    Once it hangs, the only way to kill WOSQI is to use Windows' taskman.

Any clues here as to what's going on? FYI, the Preware version that comes on the WOSQI feed is 1.7.0, from 6/29/11.

Welp! I really want to try out the tweaks related to speed!
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 07/12/2011 at 02:17 AM.
    You say your running WOSQI 2.3? Tried 4.2.3? I used that and it ran just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, that was the version (4.2.3) I have -thanks! I've corrected the OP to show the right version.

//edit: WOSQI also hangs when trying to install basically anything with it. I was able to add a couple of files (transparency launcher tweak), but using the Tools->Send File method, with no problems.
  4.    #4  
    Solved:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post3026134

Basically, it seemed that:

- having the PDK/SDK installed creates issues
    - regardless of what I thought, yes, I needed to reinstall Novacom
    - when plugging in the TouchPad via USB, hit "CANCEL" on the TouchPad when it asks if you want to go into USB mode.

All of the above kept me from getting my Preware on. Hope this helps anyone out there.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I looked in the task manager when the installer hung on my Windows 7 PC and discovered that I had 3 instances of Novacom running. Once I killed one of the running processes, the installer immediately recognized my TP and installed Quick Install. I was good to go after that. I'd first suggest a system reboot before killing processes unless you are really sure you know what you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LA6507 View Post
    I looked in the task manager when the installer hung on my Windows 7 PC and discovered that I had 3 instances of Novacom running. Once I killed one of the running processes, the installer immediately recognized my TP and installed Quick Install. I was good to go after that. I'd first suggest a system reboot before killing processes unless you are really sure you know what you are doing.
    I'll look in to why novacom processes might be spawnning. Though for future reference, it's recommended to post stuff like this WOSQI thread
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook