1.    #1  
    Is there a how to on installing preware on the touchpad?
    Thanks
    Here are some directions. It should be the same as webos phones.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

If thats too much then read the article PreCentral did

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Ok the PreCentral article is a little out of date. You might have to download Preware separately. Look on the first link for that.
  4.    #4  
    that was easy enough.. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Here are some directions. It should be the same as webos phones.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

If thats too much then read the article PreCentral did

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    I went here yesterday and started downloading stuff. First tried downloading the WebOS Quick Install and got an error message. So then went and downloaded Preware using the Official HP/Palm SDK. That installed fine. Then when I got to Step 5 of those Installation instructions, I got lost. I had no idea which package to install from the list of links I reached. Do I assume it's the one with the most recent date, July 2, 2011?
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    I went here yesterday and started downloading stuff. First tried downloading the WebOS Quick Install and got an error message. So then went and downloaded Preware using the Official HP/Palm SDK. That installed fine. Then when I got to Step 5 of those Installation instructions, I got lost. I had no idea which package to install from the list of links I reached. Do I assume it's the one with the most recent date, July 2, 2011?
    Just a heads-up, whatever error you got must've been fixed/cleaned once you installed the SDK. So, you now should be able to use WOSQI without issue
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I have tried it through webos quick install and downloading the file separatly but it gets to "Installing: org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk" and it sits there with the arrows chasing each other for a long time and doesn't seem to be doing anything so I close out of it? What is the deal? my touchpad is in developer mode and it downloaded the navacom thing but it just seems to not want to install?

any ideas? thanks for the help
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I have tried it through webos quick install and downloading the file separatly but it gets to "Installing: org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk" and it sits there with the arrows chasing each other for a long time and doesn't seem to be doing anything so I close out of it? What is the deal? my touchpad is in developer mode and it downloaded the navacom thing but it just seems to not want to install?

any ideas? thanks for the help
    Make sure you are not in USBMode, as that's known to cause that. Also, try uninstalling the novacom drivers the reinstalling them. Consult the WOSQI official thread for more info.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure you are not in USBMode, as that's known to cause that. Also, try uninstalling the novacom drivers the reinstalling them. Consult the WOSQI official thread for more info.
    no it isn't in USBMode as the screen would then be different and would show that it was in USBMode...

now it won't let me "'reinstall navacom" from webOS Quickinstall
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    now it won't let me "'reinstall navacom" from webOS Quickinstall
    What do you mean? Nothing happens or is there an error or something?

Keep in mind there's also this http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v1-2-1-a.html

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    What do you mean? Nothing happens or is there an error or something?

Keep in mind there's also this http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v1-2-1-a.html
    it just sits there and doesnt do anything... Kept trying it and on third or fourth try it began downloading, now it says "preparing to install"... But not doing anything as far as I can tell...
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ok it worked to the point of installing novacomd but when I click on the "world" looking thing it acts like it is going to load then I get an ERROR: "Feed loading failed" :'(:'(
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    here is a screen shot
    here is a screen shot...
    looks like something is preventing WebOS Quick Install from getting an internet connection.

I cant get my pc or mac to recognize my device. Any help?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    looks like something is preventing WebOS Quick Install from getting an internet connection.
    has looked like this for the past 90 min... :'(
    Last edited by plcd22; 07/12/2011 at 12:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ok I got it... Must be a problem with my laptop because I tried my wives laptop and it worked like a charm?!?!