Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bb147
  1.    #1  
    will the KOBO ereader app from the palm phones work on the HP TouchPad??? i can't buy the touchpad with out this app...
    No, it doesn't work on the TouchPad, it doesn't show up in the App Catalog.

It also doesn't work on webOS 2.X, or at least it didn't work on my Pre 2 the last time I tried it out. Really unfortunate, I didn't use the app on my original Pre very much but the odd time I used it was nice to have. I'd absolutely love to have it for my TouchPad, I also have a Kobo eReader for most of my e-reading needs but there will almost certainly be times when I don't want to take both my TouchPad and my Kobo.
    can you use hamster to convert to the kindle app?
    guys, please email help@kobobooks.com to have them make a webOS 3.0 app for the touchpad!!

They allow magazine/newspaper subscriptions on tablet devices plus they have good prices. It would be a nice app to have aside then just Amazon Kindle... and for those of us outside the united states it will be our only top tier eReading app!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    JohnKhill, aegora and klx300r like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    guys, please email help@kobobooks.com to have them make a webOS 3.0 app for the touchpad!!

They allow magazine/newspaper subscriptions on tablet devices plus they have good prices. It would be a nice app to have aside then just Amazon Kindle... and for those of us outside the united states it will be our only top tier eReading app!!
    email sent !
    its patchable to work on 2.x. So maybe it'll work on 3(?)
    as for the future,like amazon they're goin for an html5 cloud reader so should be interesting.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    amazing what you can do with preader combined with (on your pc) calibre and the odd python script. I don't know what formats kobo books come in though.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    amazing what you can do with preader combined with (on your pc) calibre and the odd python script. I don't know what formats kobo books come in though.
    Kobo uses epub format, and you are right about the power of PReader and Calibre together.

For getting your books onto the Touchpad and for managing them, I highly recommend TBTransfer and Internalz. These really fill in an area that HP seems to have neglected.