Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    As mentioned in the Noted thread, pondNotes for the TouchPad is available in the catalog. Version 0.1.3 is available for beta testing: Index of /wp-content/uploads/ipk

See the changelog: pondNotes Changelog | smallpondapps.com

I'll continue to use that site for making .ipk's available until PreCentral does something for enyo homebrew.
    yellowhammer and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hello, Brian:

Just bought a TP and, of course, bought this app. A couple of things:

This may be by design, but I applied several tags using this app. However, only the first four I created show up in the pick list. A full, scrollable list would be better, for me, than typing in other tags again.

When I try to scroll in a note by swiping up or down in the note, the keyboard pops up, obscuring what I'm trying to see. This would be alleviated by duplicating the functionality of Noted! Where you can view a recording must tap a control to edit.

Syncing seems very slow (15 min and counting, and I only maintain about 20 notes).

I filtered by a tag, then went back to All Tags. When I did, all notes including deleted ones showed up. I couldnt figure out how to return to viewing just current notes.

I havent yet- tried to repeat this, but once I tapped on a tag field, hit shift to begin typing a tag, then changed my mind and tapped the tag pick list. This caused the TP to freeze and the keyboard to cycle rapidly between upper and lower case keys. I was able to stop it by hitting the shift key.

Hope this stuff is helpful.
    Mark

*update* See by the changelog that you had already addressed a couple of these - thanks.
    Last edited by DCFlyer; 07/17/2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: updated
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    oh, and tapping in the text of a note has twice caused a reset
    , once with no other app running.

Mark
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Hello, Brian:

Just bought a TP and, of course, bought this app. A couple of things:

This may be by design, but I applied several tags using this app. However, only the first four I created show up in the pick list. A full, scrollable list would be better, for me, than typing in other tags again.
    That must be a bug, it should show all your tags in the popup list.

When I try to scroll in a note by swiping up or down in the note, the keyboard pops up, obscuring what I'm trying to see. This would be alleviated by duplicating the functionality of Noted! Where you can view a recording must tap a control to edit.
    This will be "fixed" by adding a view/edit toggle.

Syncing seems very slow (15 min and counting, and I only maintain about 20 notes).
    Some things in webOS 3.0 just seem to take forever. I've made some changes in 0.2.0 that should help, but...it's still not blazing.

I filtered by a tag, then went back to All Tags. When I did, all notes including deleted ones showed up. I couldnt figure out how to return to viewing just current notes.
    This should be fixed in 0.2.0, which available from the above link.

I havent yet- tried to repeat this, but once I tapped on a tag field, hit shift to begin typing a tag, then changed my mind and tapped the tag pick list. This caused the TP to freeze and the keyboard to cycle rapidly between upper and lower case keys. I was able to stop it by hitting the shift key.
    Probably a TouchPad bug of some sort - all that stuff is handled by the enyo framework. Same for the resets - pondNotes just uses standard enyo controls, and should not be able to cause the device to reset.

Thanks for the feedback!
  5.    #5  
    Mark,

My tags drop down shows all my tags and scrolls as necessary. Can you share your list of tags?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Mark,

My tags drop down shows all my tags and scrolls as necessary. Can you share your list of tags?
    Brian:

All my tags showed in the drop-down list after I synced again.

Today, the only change I made to my TP was to delete the Kindle placeholder app. When I went into Pondnotes, all my data were gone. I synced, but that just brought in the one note I created in my desktop browser today.

Is there a way to clear data and do an entire resync, as in Done!?

Thanks,
    Mark
  7.    #7  
    DO NOT DELETE APPS ON THE TOUCHPAD!

At least until HP fixes the "disappearing SQLite databases" bug. Again, hopefully in the upcoming OTA update.

There's a sequence of events that includes deleting any existing app that will cause any apps using SQLite databases to lose their data (actually, the data is still there, but the app thinks it's gone and creates a new empty database).

There's an article about the problem somewhere on PreCentral...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    DO NOT DELETE APPS ON THE TOUCHPAD!

At least until HP fixes the "disappearing SQLite databases" bug. Again, hopefully in the upcoming OTA update.

There's a sequence of events that includes deleting any existing app that will cause any apps using SQLite databases to lose their data (actually, the data is still there, but the app thinks it's gone and creates a new empty database).

There's an article about the problem somewhere on PreCentral...
    Thanks, Brian, I did see that later,
    . It's consistent with my experience of getting the Kindle update even though I deleted the placeholder app. However, I still need to figure out how to restore my data to the TP. The best solution of which I can think is to create a dummy account, sync with it, then sync with my actual account to restore the data. It would be a lot easier, though, if there were a way to clear existing data as in Done!.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, Brian, I did see that later,
    . It's consistent with my experience of getting the Kindle update even though I deleted the placeholder app. However, I still need to figure out how to restore my data to the TP. The best solution of which I can think is to create a dummy account, sync with it, then sync with my actual account to restore the data. It would be a lot easier, though, if there were a way to clear existing data as in Done!.
    I agree that it would be nice to have a way to clear local data. Or at least reset the sync data so that you can start over. Will come up with a solution.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I agree that it would be nice to have a way to clear local data. Or at least reset the sync data so that you can start over. Will come up with a solution.
    Thanks. Deleting the app, reinstalling, and resyncing did the trick, but I think I then had to log in ans resync Done! Data too.

Any thoughts on what I can do about the fact that, if I filter on a tag, then filter on All Notes, I see all my deleted notes too?
  11.    #11  
    Any thoughts on what I can do about the fact that, if I filter on a tag, then filter on All Notes, I see all my deleted notes too?
    It's a bug. Will be fixed in next release.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks, Brian. I'm really enjoying using Pondnotes, especially with the addition of the view/edit mode implementation.

Mark
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hey - since notes in the trash show in All Notes due to this bug, does that imply that you can implement the trash tag through the API, and permit us to see deleted notes?
  14.    #14  
    Hey - since notes in the trash show in All Notes due to this bug, does that imply that you can implement the trash tag through the API, and permit us to see deleted notes?
    Well...yes. All the notes are still in the database in pondNotes (and in Noted!), the display is just turned off. So, I could add a "Show Trash" option. And could also allow you to permanently delete notes from the device instead of having to go to Simplenote on the web.

Just haven't done it yet, because other things are higher priority.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Well...yes. All the notes are still in the database in pondNotes (and in Noted!), the display is just turned off. So, I could add a "Show Trash" option. And could also allow you to permanently delete notes from the device instead of having to go to Simplenote on the web.

Just haven't done it yet, because other things are higher priority.
    Thanks. I would like to see a show trash option somewhere down the road.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Brian-
    tapping the down arrow by the tag field in a note brings up a pick list of tags, but selecting one doesn't seem to do anything...
  17.    #17  
    Brian-
    tapping the down arrow by the tag field in a note brings up a pick list of tags, but selecting one doesn't seem to do anything...
    I've fixed that bug and uploaded version 0.2.2 to smallpondapps.com | smallpondapps for testing.
    Hi, I notice that I have version 0.2.0 and that there is a link from forum posts to a directory containing a version 0.2.2, but I don't know (newbie) how to install from an IPK file. Can anyone walk me through the process please? I'm on a Touchpad. When I download the file and "Open" it I get a Mime error.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rledieu View Post
    Hi, I notice that I have version 0.2.0 and that there is a link from forum posts to a directory containing a version 0.2.2, but I don't know (newbie) how to install from an IPK file. Can anyone walk me through the process please? I'm on a Touchpad. When I download the file and "Open" it I get a Mime error.
    You would need a method for installing "homebrew" apps, like Preware. There is an application in the catalog called "Preware Homebrew Documentation" that gives details. Purchasing the app also helps to support webos-internals and their great work on webOS.
    Hi, yep, purchased the app and love it, just saw on the threads here that there was a newer version that hadn't appeared yet in the catalog. I'll wait until it comes through that way then. Thanks for the advice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast