Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    New version 0.2.4 uploaded to Index of /wp-content/uploads/ipk

It has some bug fixes and changes to the way it displays/saves notes that should be a bit more robust. I previously had done some hackery to get around a bug in the RichText control in enyo, but have taken a more direct approach now.

Please test and let me know if you see any problems.

Also, as of 0.2.2, if you search your notes, the search text should be highlighted both in the list and the displayed note.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    DO NOT DELETE APPS ON THE TOUCHPAD!

At least until HP fixes the "disappearing SQLite databases" bug. Again, hopefully in the upcoming OTA update.

There's a sequence of events that includes deleting any existing app that will cause any apps using SQLite databases to lose their data (actually, the data is still there, but the app thinks it's gone and creates a new empty database).

There's an article about the problem somewhere on PreCentral...
    Was that bug fixed by the 3.02 update?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Was that bug fixed by the 3.02 update?
    Yes.
    Have you added it to the Australian App Catalogue? I don't see it. I'm installing the .ipk from your website at the moment, but I like to support developers with a purchase
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    Have you added it to the Australian App Catalogue? I don't see it. I'm installing the .ipk from your website at the moment, but I like to support developers with a purchase
    Will do so the next time I update... If you're using the 0.2.4 version, a report of "not having any issues" might persuade me to update sooner...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

I just wonder:
    Is pondNotes just for the TouchPad, or will it work on the Pre 3 as well?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Brian

I just wonder:
    Is pondNotes just for the TouchPad, or will it work on the Pre 3 as well?
    The Pre3 has a testing version of enyo included, so TouchPad apps *might* work. I haven't tested pondNotes on a Pre3.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    My Pre 3 order in Switzerland was cancelled . But I could buy one on eBay from Germany.
    The Lady was kind enough to activate it in Germany, so that I should finally have access to paid apps.

I will try the pondNotes, as soon as the Pre 3 arrives.

Update:
    Got my Pre 3. I have basically access to the (German) paid apps catalog, but don't have a "German" CreditCard.
    Have to figure out, how to get that part of the solution sorted out.
    Last edited by rgloor; 10/24/2011 at 07:23 AM.
    a little test with pre3:
    it works - a bit. i can see the list of notes, but no content of the notes. only in landscape-mode i can see the note-content. it's ok for reading, but writing is an experience.
    deleting notes works.

my problem with TP: when i create a note i'll create a lot of (2-5) extra 'empty notes'. all notes are saved one to ten minutes after creating the first (real) note. often i'll see them only with another device - or after syncing.
    prego
    Hi,

I have pondnotes on my TP, and I haven't been able to run a successful sync since at least November 25.

I used to use Noted! On my Pre all the time. Nowadays I mostly use Simplenote's app on my iPhone, and occasionally try to fire it up via pondNotes on my TP.

The sync seems to start, but the blue progress bar never goes beyond that first half jnch or so, and the spinner just keeps spinning.

Could I be running into the throttling of third party app usage that simplenote says they do for their free accounts?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hi,

I have pondnotes on my TP, and I haven't been able to run a successful sync since at least November 25.

I used to use Noted! On my Pre all the time. Nowadays I mostly use Simplenote's app on my iPhone, and occasionally try to fire it up via pondNotes on my TP.

The sync seems to start, but the blue progress bar never goes beyond that first half jnch or so, and the spinner just keeps spinning.

Could I be running into the throttling of third party app usage that simplenote says they do for their free accounts?
    I was having a problem like this. I had a longish note tht had several phone numbers in it. In addition to hanging syncs, that note was closing itself as I scrolled in it. Testing suggested that the number of phone number links was choking it. I split the note into two parts and both problems are gone. Dissapointing, because the note wasn't *that* long, but at least I found a workaround. Hope this is helpful.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot Pro>Upgrade to Palm Pilot III> Palm V>Upgraded to 8MB>Tungsten T>Treo 650>Treo 755p>Palm Pre>Touchpad & Pre 2
    I love done! and noted! which is why I picked up pondnotes for my TP. I am a little disappointed at how long it has been broken, with no response since september of last year. I respect family problems, but I feel like its been a while to not even respond on the forum.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12