Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just downloaded the CBS Sports app for the TouchPad and all I can say is WOW. This is an incredibly nice looking and smooth functioning app! Nicely done.

When you choose different sports and items in that sport, it brings up a new card for each (making nice use of card stacks). But when you hit the 'back' button it's incredibly fluid is transitioning between the screens/cards. The only thing that it still needs that I was really hoping for is the ability to run my CBS Fantasy Football team and make picks through the app. Outside of that.. love it!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/10/2011 at 02:05 AM.
    mc_gusto likes this.
    +1 I like it too. Would like a MMA section though or a good app for MMA News. Maybe someone can leverage mmabuzzsaw.com and convert to an app?
    why isn't this available for phones? And is this an official cbs app?
    don't have a touchpad. sounds promising. Sounds like the sort of apps i'd like to see more of. Positive development. Hope there's more to come.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Thanks for the tip, cool app for checking scores, standings and stats.
  6.    #6  
    Interestingly enough... it was obviously ported for webOS. If you go to Preferences/Legal it has a big logo that says "htc pro App Development". Love seeing companies jump on the bandwagon and realize it's not hard to bring their apps over to webOS!
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yeah, found it the other day too. Pretty nice. With football kickoff in 55 days, Ive been looking for some good apps and this looks like one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    why isn't this available for phones? And is this an official cbs app?
    yes, it was created by CBS Interactive according to the app catalog.
    Nice looking app but it is missing the real football section
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Yeah, found it the other day too. Pretty nice. With football kickoff in 55 days, Ive been looking for some good apps and this looks like one of them.

yes, it was created by CBS Interactive according to the app catalog.
    Slightly offtopic, but was the union situation fixed? Or are people confident that it will be fixed in time for the start of the season?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i downloaded it yesterday and was quite impressed too!! I also downloaded the SI app and was quite DISappointed! (you have to pay for content)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I just downloaded the CBS Sports app for the TouchPad and all I can say is WOW. This is an incredibly nice looking and smooth functioning app! Nicely done.

When you choose different sports and items in that sport, it brings up a new card for each (making nice use of card stacks). But when you hit the 'back' button it's incredibly fluid is transitioning between the screens/cards. The only thing that it still needs that I was really hoping for is the ability to run my CBS Fantasy Football team and make picks through the app. Outside of that.. love it!
    I know you said you can't "run" your team and make pics, but will you be able to view live FF scores? gametracker I think CBS calls it?
    To compliment this app - Check out Pennant. It gives you a comprehensive look at stats from the current season all the way back until Baseball started.
    Darn, can't find this app in the Canadian App Catalog! Not cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Slightly offtopic, but was the union situation fixed? Or are people confident that it will be fixed in time for the start of the season?
    i think it was the new york post today, but they said there was progress being made.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Nice looking app but it is missing the real football section
    Arena?

Edit: and yeah, arena FB is fun. Kurt Warner was unbelievable with the Barnstormers prior to the NFL!
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/12/2011 at 08:54 AM.
    I see pandas.
    DL'd, looks very nice, will try it out soon
    I see pandas.
    This app is very, very nice!!
    Even appears on their website. Nice
    Mobile - CBSSports.com
    I like this app but they have one huge flaw with it. Racing != Only NASCAR. Where is the F1, indycar, etc... news?
    update available tonight.
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast