Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #1  
    Tweeted by R. Kerris. Note the website being loaded starting at 2:40

Last edited by RoverNole; 07/09/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    kamalot, observator and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    this is hott!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Actually, it was @IngloriousApps who Tweeted that. Looks like a great app!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    looks really nice, who needs 100s of thousands of apps when we have apps of this quality
    65fastback likes this.
    Been using the beta for the last week+ and it is HOT! You'll love it!
    Nice catch... and a really nice demo of what webOS has planned for us!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    "This is how you multitask"

Amazing video.
    The maker of this app has removed that app-within-app multitasking from the final version. Glimpse Update - IngloriousApps's Blog
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Actually, it was @IngloriousApps who Tweeted that. Looks like a great app!
    Thanks, but since I follow Kerris and not IngloriousApps on twitter I didn't realize the origin....I can't wait to receive my TP on the 20th and I look forward to this app!
    The fact that the dev actually managed to get another app running inside this one is increadably impressive and has true potential even if its not aloud right now.

This capability should be permitted in the homebrew apps though so I look forward to seeing what they can pull off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    The maker of this app has removed that app-within-app multitasking from the final version. Glimpse Update - IngloriousApps's Blog
    What the world????? Is it HP that's prohibiting this from happening or what?

Richard Kerris, if you read this, we users REALLY would like for you to take this bull by the horn and make it happen since its also an app you are looking forward to as well according to your earlier tweet......thanks in advance.

richardkerris richardkerris
    Looking forward to this... Glimpse for the HP TouchPad youtube.com/watch?v=1WZ9n8… via @youtube
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    What the world????? Is it HP that's prohibiting this from happening or what?

Richard Kerris, if you read this, we users REALLY would like for you to take this bull by the horn and make it happen since its also an app you are looking forward to as well according to your earlier tweet......thanks in advance.

richardkerris richardkerris
    Looking forward to this... Glimpse for the HP TouchPad youtube.com/watch?v=1WZ9n8 via @youtube
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    think this is more to do with the fact that other app makers do not expect other people to be able to use their app in their app. HP doesnt have the rights to allow that to happen right now, that may be updated in the next SDK agreement with some luck.
    The dev did say,
    I decided to remove it (by remove, I mean comment out my code)
    which leaves me to believe he left it in there so those of us that know how and what to, may "Uncomment" the code so it will work after it's installed.
    dj ozone and willrich354 like this.
    wow i likey this!
    re. using an app within the other app: so long one, as an user, has the license to run the app, I don't really see the problem. Feel free to set me straight if I got this wrong.
    Thanx Guys for the support. Good to see people actually get excited about it, cos it started out as an experiment
    @frankos72 As for the "app-within-app", its a little bit more involved. Currently, the only way it works is if the host App's id "com.palm.xxx". And if I named my App "com.palm.glimpse", there's no way it'll get accepted in the App catalog. And even if you found a way (or patch) to un-comment the code, and change the App ID (after it's been downloaded to your device), I have no idea how that will affect other things (like Just Type, and App updates). According to the feedback I got, there's a possibility that webOS will allow this when the permissions framework is in place in the future. So I'll just wait and see how that goes (instead of trying to find loopholes or hacks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    re. using an app within the other app: so long one, as an user, has the license to run the app, I don't really see the problem. Feel free to set me straight if I got this wrong.
    Some Devs may not like to see their Apps get *******ized by being ran in another App. Plus, Depending on how the App is designed, it may not translate well. For example, not all apps are flexible enough to be 'squished' and 'stretched' into different window sizes (as seen in the video).
    Yeah, the ability of App X to run App Y in-line means that Developer Y's hard work goes to making Developer X richer... And who says that Developer X is even crediting Y for his app that he used without consent?

I agree it's awesome that webOS is able to do this, but it's a quagmire that would inevitably end in tears if it was done without previously establishing a useful set of rules for it, possibly including rules for remuneration.

I think it's gonna be quite alright for me if the app just opens in a new card on the same stack
    Then the a possible solution is HP provides the same ability built into an update
    1. buying out glimpse or the person making it
    2. build one themselves
    That way, dev x does not profit from dev y. it will be an available feature

hp can also code for a split screen feature and the full screen apps can scale down to fill. black background for unsed space.
    Just wondering...

If you are running this application in a card, with other applications open in it, can you, just as with any other WebOS card, minimize it with a swipe up, do something else in another card, and then maximize it and be exactly where you were in their last state, with all of those open apps in their last state, as well?
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast