Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I know this thread is not mean't for "something interesting" and that there is supposed to be no support for "something interesting", but I still bring this up becasue I noted that "something interesting" is alater build than the next public release of Glimpse ie. v1.0.5 and thus I feel it might be worth reporting issues that may also be in the forthcoming public release. Glimpse v1.0.3 plays YouTube videos just fine, but in the "something interesting" version, the videos don't play. If I remember correctly, initially the videos played, but there was an issue while going to full screen. Then, the videos completely stopped working. I have tried re-starting the TP, re-installing "something interesting" and also deleting it and re-installing it, but no luck. The YouTube videos just don't play in it. On the other hand, they play just fine in Glimpse v1.0.3.

PS: Thanks for a fine app and with the ability to open links in the browser within glimpse it really shines now. Thanks, specially for the "something interesting".
    You aren't overclocking are you? It sounds like you have tested the issue well, just wanted to mention I know some folks had problems with youtube in general with at least one of the kernels.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You aren't overclocking are you? It sounds like you have tested the issue well, just wanted to mention I know some folks had problems with youtube in general with at least one of the kernels.
    Yes, I am overclocking, using the F15C kernel @17.28 GHz. But, I seriously doubt that this issue has anything to do with that. My reason being, that I have had the F15C kernel installed since the day it was made available in the testing feed and I have never had any issues with YouTube until now. Even now, the issue is only within "something special", otherwise YouTube still works just fine elsewhere in other apps including Glimpse 1.0.3.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Yes, you're right. The Youtube widget doesn't load. I commented it out during my testing (on another PC) and forgot to uncomment it before packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Yes, you're right. The Youtube widget doesn't load. I commented it out during my testing (on another PC) and forgot to uncomment it before packaging.
    So, should we look forward to a fixed "something special"?

So, should we look forward to a fixed "something special"?
    Probably
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    Glimpse calculator can't do math....

Try 24.99 - 10.66

It gives 14.329999999999998
    Math is correct. It's just a javascript round-off snafu
    was this "something special" a limited time thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    was this "something special" a limited time thing?
    Yep..as indicated in the "More Apps" section you got it from
    Just got me a little somethin' somethin' special

Anything new besides the Youtube fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post

yes. Pls read the first line
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post

Unfortunately for me, the YouTube still ain't fixed. As for something new, try under Views > Presets > 'Power User'.

When I went there the pix app was the only thing I saw. Guess I missed out.
    yes. Pls read the first line
    OMG, Wowzers Batman!!! Really liking somthin' somethin'
    1 glimpse/3panes =great. 1 glimpse/5panes = awesome.

opening 2 glimpses/8panes = fanfreakintastic
    ...nevermind I found it.
    Last edited by hrminer92; 08/16/2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    opening 2 glimpses/8panes = fanfreakintastic
    How do you get that? Even if you run both glimpses together, only one of them has the ability for four panes. Or do you mean 5 + 3 = 8?

How do you get that? Even if you run both glimpses together, only one of them has the ability for four panes. Or do you mean 5 + 3 = 8?
    5+3=8. Had to double check my math there.
    man i have glimpse and the dev cut both installed. It was cool before but now it is more than double better. I have a small bluetooth keyboard (10 bucks on amazon) i can use it to tab between all three windows if they are all note pad -- in a meeting it is so cool for taking notes and then i have 3 more windows on the dev cut. to use for other things ( dropbox is cool) thank you thank you thank you

i have one question -- when i go to email myself from the notes window there is a small block already in the to area. if i do not delete it the email will get stuck in the outbox limbo
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    .. thank you thank you thank you

i have one question -- when i go to email myself from the notes window there is a small block already in the to area. if i do not delete it the email will get stuck in the outbox limbo
    You're welcome.
    You're right, I've been doing the mail thing wrong, I'm updating it right now
    I was trying out the Google Reader in the main screen on the left and the loading spinner just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning and doesn't load anything. I have v1.0.8. I got the popup to enter my username and pass for google, did that, but no go. I tried to edit my account details and re-enter both, but no dice either.

Any suggestions?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast