Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    did I miss something? Is there a way to add widgets to the selection list?
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    did I miss something? Is there a way to add widgets to the selection list?
    yes you did -- read post 92 (hint follow the dev on twitter and then look at past posts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Snoop goat -- the drop box app works really cool in the dev cut -- thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been stated already in this thread, but can glimpe run any webos application? e.g facebook app alongside browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post
    Sorry if this has been stated already in this thread, but can glimpe run any webos application? e.g facebook app alongside browser?
    Officially No. Glimpse cannot run Any webOS Application. It runs it's own build in mini Apps (or widgets). The list of currently available widgets are here: Glimpse by {Inglorious Apps}

Now, if you follow me on twitter(@ingloriousapps) and backtrack a couple of tweets, you may find something interesting. That's all I'm gonna say
    I really need to keep up on my twitter, I only follow like 25 people and I still miss stuff all the time.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post
    NO. Facebook is not compatible with Glimpse, just as most other HP native apps including phone, calendar etc. are not. When you try to run these apps, all you get is a white screen and the apps themselves open in a new card.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    What is the best way to find app IDs to add app shortcuts?

Thanks
    either ask, or use Internalz and navigate to where the apps are kept
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    What is the best way to find app IDs to add app shortcuts?

Thanks
    Look for the particular app in the 'App catalog'. Click on the app -> Click on Share --> Click on Text Message and the app id will show up as part of the link in the Messaging app.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    NO. Facebook is not compatible with Glimpse, just as most other HP native apps including phone, calendar etc. are not. When you try to run these apps, all you get is a white screen and the apps themselves open in a new card.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Officially No. Glimpse cannot run Any webOS Application. It runs it's own build in mini Apps (or widgets). The list of currently available widgets are here: Glimpse by {Inglorious Apps}

Now, if you follow me on twitter(@ingloriousapps) and backtrack a couple of tweets, you may find something interesting. That's all I'm gonna say
    Oh ok, thanks
    BTW it's more than a couple of tweets back, just saying.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    stuff like this is exactly why I finally gave in to Twitter and check it a few times a day. almost all of my "Follows" are webOS devs!
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    stuff like this is exactly why I finally gave in to Twitter and check it a few times a day. almost all of my "Follows" are webOS devs!
    Same exact thing. It pushed me over the edge when I found out about the ATT dev relations stuff and that they give away a free phone every time they do one.

I follow a few comedians, then it's all HP/webOS/dev relations.

I just have to remember to check it during the day...
    I tried finding the tweets but haven't had any luck so far. Can someone just tell me how to add additional apps to Glimpse????
    Look for his tweet on Aug 10th.
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    I tried finding the tweets but haven't had any luck so far. Can someone just tell me how to add additional apps to Glimpse????
    You can't add additional Apps to Glimpse. But if you check 'View More Apps' in the Help menu, you may find something interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    You can't add additional Apps to Glimpse. But if you check 'View More Apps' in the Help menu, you may find something interesting...
    Unfair!!! I had to work for it

Not complaining though, actually found a few other of your recent tweets interesting. Posted that Giz article about the 15 year old to FB after I read it.
    I know this thread is not mean't for "something interesting" and that there is supposed to be no support for "something interesting", but I still bring this up becasue I noted that "something interesting" is alater build than the next public release of Glimpse ie. v1.0.5 and thus I feel it might be worth reporting issues that may also be in the forthcoming public release. Glimpse v1.0.3 plays YouTube videos just fine, but in the "something interesting" version, the videos don't play. If I remember correctly, initially the videos played, but there was an issue while going to full screen. Then, the videos completely stopped working. I have tried re-starting the TP, re-installing "something interesting" and also deleting it and re-installing it, but no luck. The YouTube videos just don't play in it. On the other hand, they play just fine in Glimpse v1.0.3.

PS: Thanks for a fine app and with the ability to open links in the browser within glimpse, it really shines now. Thanks, specially for the "something interesting".
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/12/2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    ... Thanks, specially for the "something interesting".
    You my friend are hilarious
    I'll take a look at what you've reported. Thanx for the heads up