Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Wow. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send me an email, I want you to try something..
    Done (using the email address provided in Glimpse Help)
    I purchased this app love it - any chance it will eventually get the ability back to open other apps in its windows? Also I would Like to have 1 more tall window like the email browser
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    a package tracking widget would be nice.
    dev going on vacation for two weeks, has but in an update though, so it should be out soon.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It would be nice if we could open or use Notes by Inglorious instead of notepad. I do like listening to my Palmcast. I'll check out more over time.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Would be great if we could use phone apps in glimpse.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Awesome App. Havent used much else since last night. Just a thought, but it would be awesome if tapping and holding on links (such as in RSS feeds) had an option to Open in GLIMPSE browse to go along with Open in Browser. Would be nice to not have to copy and paste links.

Thanks for the app.
    Thanks for the addition!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    It would be nice if we could open or use Notes by Inglorious instead of notepad. I do like listening to my Palmcast. I'll check out more over time.
    This would be awesome, love notes!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Music/media control would be awesome. Damn I wish my tp had showed up yesterday so I could play with this app, monday will come soon....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I am sooooooo happy with my purchase of the TP and very excited where HP is headed with "the webOS" (lol).

You will enjoy many many things about the TP, make sure to add preware apps, AFTER your purchase of Glimpse
    so...very cool...

but...wouldn't it make sense in the event that I click on a link in one window...say a link in a tweet in my left pane should include an option to open that link within the browser in my right hand pane, without requiring me to copy and paste the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    but...wouldn't it make sense in the event that I click on a link in one window...say a link in a tweet in my left pane should include an option to open that link within the browser in my right hand pane, without requiring me to copy and paste the link?
    This is an absolute requirement to make Glimpse functional. I am sorry to say, but without such a function and also the ability to switch the apps running in different panes, Glimpse is more of a novelty right now and certainly not as functional as it should/could be.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    ..wouldn't it make sense in the event that I click on a link in one window...say a link in a tweet in my left pane should include an option to open that link within the browser in my right hand pane,...
    Yes It would make sense. Which is why it's coming in the next version, which should be out anytime soon (Actually, it's already available in the Developer's Cut, if you've been following my Tweets)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is an absolute requirement to make Glimpse functional. I am sorry to say, but without such a function and also the ability to switch the apps running in different panes, Glimpse is more of a novelty right now and certainly not as functional as it should/could be.
    I wouldn't say the ability to switch Apps running in different panes is an "absolute requirement" (it's like saying its an absolute requirement for the Touchpad to be able to edit documents or stream netflix or do any of the other things it doesn't currently do). Sure, it would be nice. But it's difficult to implement at the moment. The fact that you can even do what you're dong in Gimpse right now is a miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Yes It would make sense. Which is why it's coming in the next version, which should be out anytime soon (Actually, it's already available in the Developer's Cut, if you've been following my Tweets)
    confirmed it works, thanks.

where can i find the appid to get the stock maps app working?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    confirmed it works, thanks.

where can i find the appid to get the stock maps app working?

thanks
    com.palm.app.maps
    isn't it in the prefs by default?
    maps look great.
    what are the app ids for the stock photos app and the stock music app?
    maps look great.
    what are the app ids for the stock photos app and the stock music app?
    they are not compatible, so don't bother trying
    Pandora continues to play even when I navigate away, interesting.
    Very cool.

Not a big fan of their playlist choices, spoiled I guess by very creative DJs who know how to put together amazing playlists.

Grooveshark would not open in glimpse browser, said flash not supported.
    Grooveshark would not open in glimpse browser, said flash not supported.
    Any chance grooveshark is recognizing the browser as mobile for some reason?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Glimpse calculator can't do math....

Try 24.99 - 10.66

It gives 14.329999999999998
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast