Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    snoopgoat - I tweeted this too, but thought I'd add it here (and expound on my thoughts a little more).

What would be great would be a couple of "swap" buttons on the bigger screen. These would allow you to swap the big screen app with the little screen app quickly.

(Currently) I find that I'm normally have the browser in the big screen, and twitter on a small one. But, if I see something interesting in Twitter, I want it on the big screen (more functonality). Would be a nice way to quickly get what I want (after all, this is all about me, right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post
    . .. My biggest complaint is not being able two view to websites at the same time
    That's right. You can't view to web widgets at the same time. It's not my fault. It's a design constraint in webOS. I was almost not releasing the App because of this, but I got the impression that it'll be fixed in a future update...
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    ... I think its biggest shortcomming at this point is the browser though. Its somewhat crippled at this point. You cant click links and some of the webpages dont display currectly when they work fine in the stock browser. I wish the glimpse browser was just like the stock browser,same buttons in the same locations, and had the ability to import your bookmarks instead of having to redo them all...
    Hey..I'm just one guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    got it working. It doesnt work when you copy/paste the code. You have to type it in manually.
    I don't want to lead anyone down a bad path, but the copy/paste actually worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Hey..I'm just one guy
    But at $5 a pop, surely you're rich by now, right?
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    When will it be released? I love Notes so I'll grab this too.
    Werd! Love notes too. Snoop is a great developer and awesome when it comes to returning e-mails (at least in my experience when Notes was purchased). This will probably be the first app we purchase when the brown truck brings my new toy..... errrr uh I mean productivity device.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Just received my TP from QVC today, got it charged and just purchased Glimpse, now its time to figure out how to use it!
    I HATE you! j/k

Both of our shipments have been showing last location of Rocky Mount, NC since the 12th. I WANT I WANT I WANT my damn touchpad for the weekend.

@snoop, another great looking app, looking forward to making the purchase. I can't wait to see what other widgets get added.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Hey..I'm just one guy
    I understand, and I really like what you've done with this app. I feel with some improvements to the browser this app would completely replace my stock browser. Dont mean for you to think I'm knocking the app because I'm not. I love it. Just figured I'd give some feedback on what would make this my go to browsing app 100% of the time.

Definitely look forward to future updates, and thanks for such a great quality app.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So far so very good (left a 5 star review ). I particularly like the RSS feed section. I added a view video feeds and it works just splendid! I have therefore moved Glimpse to the Apps Short Cut Bar at the bottom (replacing Spaz).

Also want to chime in with some bug reports and feature requests (some I have tweeted already):
    - I can't seem to send tweets. Strangely deleting my own tweets works. Sending tweets with Spaz HD works fine.

- I'd like so see temperature (Celcius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin for starters) being added to the Converter widget

- It'd be nice if apps added to the Short Cuts widget would use their respective icon (rather than the blue arrow)

- Add a Google+ widget

- Add a stock tracking widget

- Add a flight information tracking widget (domestic and international).
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just wanted to throw my 2-cents in as well. This app is the first great TouchPad app (hopefully others will be coming!). It is well worth the $5 just for the multi-account Twitter and podcast-enabled RSS feed widgets alone.

Honestly, I was growing frustrated with the TouchPad. This app has reminded me of 1) the power of webOS and 2) the talent of some of our app developers.

Great work!
    Awesome App. Havent used much else since last night. Just a thought, but it would be awesome if tapping and holding on links (such as in RSS feeds) had an option to Open in GLIMPSE browse to go along with Open in Browser. Would be nice to not have to copy and paste links.

Thanks for the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    - Add a flight information tracking widget (domestic and international).
    Wow adding this would get all the biz travelers. Just had an airline cancel a flight without announcing it--luckily someone saw it in the flight monitor. i used flightview to help get info to change plans but did not see it on the Touchpad.
    Great work! Would like to see a music control widget for pausing or forward to next song as per the notification area control when the stock music player isn't on focus.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    .. it would be awesome if tapping and holding on links (such as in RSS feeds) had an option to Open in GLIMPSE browse to go along with Open in Browser. Would be nice to not have to copy and paste links...
    great idea...
    ... I can't seem to send tweets...
    You are the first to report this issue. I'm not sure what the reason is, but try deleting your twitter account from the App, close the app, reopen the App, and re-add your account, and see if that helps..
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    You are the first to report this issue. I'm not sure what the reason is, but try deleting your twitter account from the App, close the app, reopen the App, and re-add your account, and see if that helps..
    I had tried this already yesterday. But I just tried it again and it doesn't make a difference. I can read tweets and I can even delete my own tweets. But I cannot send tweets Glimpse tells me that the Tweet was Sent but it doesn't appear in my timeline. Could it be related to my account password (it uses special characters such as dots and commas)?
    ...Could it be related to my account password (it uses special characters such as dots and commas)?
    It could be. I'll have to do some testing. So your password contains dots and commas (any other special characters?) And your username doesn't contain special characters right?
    Quote Originally Posted by fubber View Post
    Great work! Would like to see a music control widget for pausing or forward to next song as per the notification area control when the stock music player isn't on focus.
    Music/media control would be awesome. Damn I wish my tp had showed up yesterday so I could play with this app, monday will come soon....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18.    #78  
    Snoopgoat, what determine the number of widgets/sites in each panel? Unlimited potential with this app.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 07/16/2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It could be. I'll have to do some testing. So your password contains dots and commas (any other special characters?) And your username doesn't contain special characters right?
    Yes my password contains two dots. My user name has no special characters. I changed the twitter password to not contain any special characters anymore, removed the account in Glimpse, closed and opened Glimpse again and added the account (with the new password). Still I cannot send tweets. I don't have any issue with this account with any other client (Spaz HD on TP, Carbon, Phnx, Spaz on Pre). Is there anything else I can try?
    Yes my password contains two dots. My user name has no special characters. I changed the twitter password to not contain any special characters anymore, removed the account in Glimpse, closed and opened Glimpse again and added the account (with the new password). Still I cannot send tweets. I don't have any issue with this account with any other client (Spaz HD on TP, Carbon, Phnx, Spaz on Pre). Is there anything else I can try?
    Wow. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send me an email, I want you to try something..