Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    any word from the folks at HP when they plan to release Glimpse to the App Catalog?

Clarice
    usually the review process takes from somewhere between 3 days to 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Been using the beta for the last week+ and it is HOT! You'll love it!
    I don't suppose I can get in on that beta app?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    usually the review process takes from somewhere between 3 days to 2 weeks.
    oh, so I should stop refreshing my App Catalog every two hours then... Thanks for the info!
    spud101 and iowahawk19 like this.
    I bought it for $5 in the catalog. Looks cool. Don't know quite how to use it but put weather and twitter on the left and browser open in the middle. I like the fact that the browser is always open in this card.

edit: put RSS in the top left, like the fact that I can choose different feeds yahoo news, CNN etc

edit 2: played around with calendar, can make entries
    edit 3: Its a killer app, should be majorly shown off by HP, very convenient to have 3 things in one card so they don't slide away, really tidies the desktop
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/14/2011 at 06:47 PM.
    How about a homebrew patch to re-enable the external app interface? Any potential legal issues with going that route?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    its really in the catalog? Woo hoo! Of course it would be, since my catalog is telling me the action could not be completed hahaha must... Be... Patient... :-)

meanwhile there are screen shots and some instructions on the dev's site, and the you tube video
    Glimpse by {Inglorious Apps}
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    How about a homebrew patch to re-enable the external app interface? Any potential legal issues with going that route?
    There's no legal issues. Like I said in a previous post, it's probably not as simple, because there may be some un-intended consequences (like issues with Just Type, database storing, app updates etc). I'll just wait for Palm to properly lay down the framework. If you have a particular widget you'd like to see, let me know and I can make it natively
    any kind of promotion for the big release?
  10.    #50  
    Just received my TP from QVC today, got it charged and just purchased Glimpse, now its time to figure out how to use it!
    having trouble getting the twitter widget to work. I enter the pincode and tap "step3: login" ... Then nothing happens....

please help
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    having trouble getting the twitter widget to work. I enter the pincode and tap "step3: login" ... Then nothing happens....

please help
    get a new code - it should be 7 digits long I had problems too
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Purchased it. I'll play with it over the weekend.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I saw it in the catalog.
    I saw it was from Inglorious Apps.
    I bought it, without really knowing what it can do for me.
    Gotta support the Dev community.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    get a new code - it should be 7 digits long I had problems too
    got it working. It doesnt work when you copy/paste the code. You have to type it in manually.
    Hmm, I seem to remember a certain Smartphone Experts editor keeps on ragging on multi-tasking saying there was no real multi-tasking until you can do more than one thing on one screen at a time. This should show him the TouchPad has true multitasking now
    iowahawk19 likes this.
    I think this is a great idea, in some way, I think it could be like how hubs work on WP7, except with much more flexibility.

Is there any option to swipe the app side to side? or maybe have lots of panes so you could fit 5-7 groups of apps? It also feels like how honeycomb's desktop works with panes of widgets.

I agree that this should be on the OS level, maybe a standing card that you get to by swiping all the way right, kind of how search works on iOS.

Also, about a year ago I suggested that we come up with an open framework for widgets

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...framework.html

I would like to see glimpse be a product that we can buy, and that any developer could add plug-in widgets to

Even better, I would like to see it be compatible with other widget standards like iGoogle

Add gadgets to your homepage

Now that there is a larger screen and a platform for display, do you think this idea will catch on?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I got to looking at iGoogle more. What would prevent someone from making an iGoogle app? Wouldn't it be pretty simple. Is there an API for it? I know there is for the gadgets, but what about the framework itself?

Perhaps it is bad form to bring a competing idea to this thread, but it does not need to be competing, glimpse could suck this in. That would give it instant access to hundreds of widgets.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I downloaded the app and it's good for the most part. .. My biggest complaint is not being able two view to websites at the same time. I was hoping to surf three different websites but at least two would be great. When I try it, one of two things happens.

1. One of the two panels will become fuzzy and unreadable. You cannot get it to focus in again and you have to stick to the one that is normal

2. One of the panels will just turn black. Nothing works to get it functional again..at least nothing that is obvious (refresh, different website, ect..). Throwing the app away and starting over seems to work...sometimes.
    I really like this app. Its the first app ive paid more than 1.99 for. I think its biggest shortcomming at this point is the browser though. Its somewhat crippled at this point. You cant click links and some of the webpages dont display currectly when they work fine in the stock browser. I wish the glimpse browser was just like the stock browser,same buttons in the same locations, and had the ability to import your bookmarks instead of having to redo them all.

Other than the drawbacks of the browser the app is great. Its very versatile and I imagine it will only get better. Well worth the $5.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast