Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    @snoopgoat:

It would be tremendous, if you could build in a mechanism, that I can set the display to "always-on", so I can use it.
    and/or make it available for exhibition mode, because there the display never shuts down.
    This would be the perfect exhibition-mode app for me, if I could watch stock prices, some newsfeeds, a clock and e.g. my mails with it. And if everything would be refreshing on its own...I don't dare to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yeah, the ability of App X to run App Y in-line means that Developer Y's hard work goes to making Developer X richer... And who says that Developer X is even crediting Y for his app that he used without consent?

I agree it's awesome that webOS is able to do this, but it's a quagmire that would inevitably end in tears if it was done without previously establishing a useful set of rules for it, possibly including rules for remuneration.

I think it's gonna be quite alright for me if the app just opens in a new card on the same stack
    i am not sure how this makes the dev of app x richer while leaving app y out in the cold -- it would still only run apps on the device so all of the app y would still have to be purchased / installed by the end user
    IMHO it is just like combined card view. it looks like an awesome app --

please explain to me the x vs y because to me everyone still gets paid
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    When will it be released? I love Notes so I'll grab this too. I think it looks awesome on YouTube, just don't know if I'll use it.

It'll probably be like my TouchPad. Once you get it in your hands, you discover all the fun and things you were missing.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Thanx Guys for the support. Good to see people actually get excited about it, cos it started out as an experiment
    @frankos72 As for the "app-within-app", its a little bit more involved. Currently, the only way it works is if the host App's id "com.palm.xxx". And if I named my App "com.palm.glimpse", there's no way it'll get accepted in the App catalog. And even if you found a way (or patch) to un-comment the code, and change the App ID (after it's been downloaded to your device), I have no idea how that will affect other things (like Just Type, and App updates). According to the feedback I got, there's a possibility that webOS will allow this when the permissions framework is in place in the future. So I'll just wait and see how that goes (instead of trying to find loopholes or hacks)
    Snoopdogg (just kidding, couldnt resist) snoopgoat, thanks for such innovation. I am hopeful that all works out and we see this sooner than later, and I still look forward to the completion of the app.

Maybe HP needs to invite you to the HQ to talk business as another poster eludes to.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 07/10/2011 at 10:56 AM.
    what I want is to be able to run a webbrowser and a word document or an email at the same time and its starting to look like that is really possible. productivity tablet here comes webos
    Absolutely amazaing!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yeah, the ability of App X to run App Y in-line means that Developer Y's hard work goes to making Developer X richer...
    Not really. In other to run each App, you actually have to buy them (it doesn't come all bundled up for free). So everybody wins. In fact, I see it as a way of cross-promoting other Apps. If a user knows that App X can be embedded in App Y, he/she sees more 'value' in buying App X.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    ... Maybe HP needs to invite you to the HQ to talk business as another poster eludes to.
    I'm still waiting for that call from HP
    How do I get in the beta?

+1 on exhibition mode.
    Now that is multitasking! Great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    How do I get in the beta?

+1 on exhibition mode.
    I'd like to get in on the beta and +1 on exhibition mode.
    This is a game changer and absolutely the type of app that shows off the Touchpad's multitasking prowess and productivity!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Snoopgoat - I've been following your tweets and anxiously waiting - fingers crossed Adora and team come through quickly - they need to make it a high priority for sure! Clarice
    Reminds me of the late 90s when HTML frames came out.
    Can't we just have cards all over the place like we can have windows everywhere on a windows pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'd like to get in on the beta and +1 on exhibition mode.
    me too
    inglorious posted on twitter that the app has been submitted to the app cat. now we wait for adora.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just wondering....Why isn't this guy working for HP? This looks more like an OS update than an app?!
    spud101 and RoverNole like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k_roxas13 View Post
    ...This looks more like an OS update than an app?!
    Lol. That's really flattering
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    any word from the folks at HP when they plan to release Glimpse to the App Catalog?

Clarice
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Lol. That's really flattering

snoop,

I have stated many times that I am not a tablet guy. I could see no reason at all for me to have or use one.

THIS is the first thing that has ever excited me about a tablet. I'll be watching this. It very well may be the thing that switches me to the tablet side.

I congratulate you on an incredible technical and creative achievement. I admire those that can do these things
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast