1.    #1  
    I have a child(11 yrs old) that is developmentally delayed by approx. 4 yrs. My question is, are there any apps for the TouchPad currently out or in progress, for educational purposes, help learnig life-skills, etc, geared towards helping those with special needs? My in-laws saw a show on TV and it showed kids using the iPad and availbable apps it had. So they are on the kick that I should buy an iPad for her. I will do anything for her of course, I was just hoping that the webOS community may have some similar learning-educational type apps because I think the OS is much simplier to learn and use. (I have a Pre- myself and pray for the day a new webOS device comes to Sprint). Anywho, any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    hi dugd111,
    don't know if you've already discovered it:since I wanted to help my childs in learning 'word to word' contents I developed the app 'LearnToGo' in the tP app catalog.

May be this could also help you?

Best regards, martux
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'm not sure about apps for people with learning disabilities, but from my experience, if the person has trouble with fine motor skills, it would be hard for him/her to select items on touchscreens regularly. This would make most other tablets very hard to operate, but I'm sure that someone could make a patch to adjust the scroll radius, to make it easier for someone who has less precise control to make selections.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    hi Dan,

have you already tried 'LearnToGo' (it's free)? The whole screen has just 6 really big buttons to 'tap' in the 'learn mode'. I hope that's big enough.

The only limitation is that the app is text based not icon based.

best regard, martux