1.    #1  
    Hi, just wanted to get a pulse on the best podcast streaming app for webOS 3.0. Ive been using iphone, and one feature I love is the podcasts through itunes. Any suggestions for touchpad?
    This is a great question. I am currently using DrPodder, but aside from PreCentral, I am unable to find a lot of my faves from itunes. . . I have been dragging from itunes to my TP as an interim solution. Have you downloaded HP Play Beta? It is HP's answer to itunes, and it will actually import your itunes files and then allow you to sync to the TP .Once HP Play is fully functional, maybe I will be able to sync my favorite video casts.
    I use my techtray rss reader to look at twit.tv feeds....I click on what I want to listen to open web site icon and click on download audio or viideo and it streams beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktreerecordings View Post
    This is a great question. I am currently using DrPodder, but aside from PreCentral, I am unable to find a lot of my faves from itunes. . . I have been dragging from itunes to my TP as an interim solution. Have you downloaded HP Play Beta? It is HP's answer to itunes, and it will actually import your itunes files and then allow you to sync to the TP .Once HP Play is fully functional, maybe I will be able to sync my favorite video casts.
    you need to look for the RSS feeds. Most podcasts have one in addition to an iTunes link. On the Pre I normally have to open the feed which fills the browser with xml. I then copy the url from the top bar into drpodder. You can give it a go with this feed.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/timc/rss.xml
    Quote Originally Posted by owall View Post
    Hi, just wanted to get a pulse on the best podcast streaming app for webOS 3.0. Ive been using iphone, and one feature I love is the podcasts through itunes. Any suggestions for touchpad?
    drPodder has been a staple on the webOS 1.x days. I tried BeyondPod and Google Listen on the Android side and these don't come close to the simplicity that drPodder brings. Being able to download locally and play back later on (e.g. during airplane flights) is an added bonus over streaming-only players.

Now...with that said, I've had some troubles with older Mojo apps running on the TouchPad. I'm drafting a bug right now in the TouchPad forums for further review. But drPodder is a great way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/timc/rss.xml
    Amusing! I just added this exact URL to drPodder this morning!
    re dr podder. if you have itunes, just export your podcast playluist as opml, but then rename it drpodder.xml (yes lower case matters). put file in media/internal. now import it via dr podder.

this works for me, but I cant play the video files in dr. podder. i can hear them, but not see them. ;(
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    dr podder should catch any audio podcast you have been using (that was free). Cant remember what it is but there is supposed to be a good video catcher too, havent tried it yet... Thinking it was video flood
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    dr podder should catch any audio podcast you have been using (that was free). Cant remember what it is but there is supposed to be a good video catcher too, havent tried it yet... Thinking it was video flood
    video flood:

doesnt have all the video podcasts i want
    doesnt have a way to import the podcast list i want
    doesnt have a way to automatically download the podcast it does list
    doesnt have a way to identify favorites
    doesnt play downloaded vid in app, this is a nit
    lists podcast that have long been dead
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    good to know I dont do any video podcasts at this point, but wanted to check out the app since it got some good mentions
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm still using dr.podder for my podcast fix. Only wish it would fill the screen, but not a big issue as notificstions still work

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011