Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bluenote
  1. hdrapin's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,

    Powerpoint document or Excel files can be open from Google Doc with Quickoffice. It Works fine.

    But TXT or RTF files appear in QuickOffice in "black", so you can't read or edit the text, Does someone have the same issue?

    I've done the update of QuickOffice and the issue remains.

    Also I wasn't able to open documents from DropBox or Box.net, they are listed but never opens...

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    I have not been able to add google account to quick office. I tried adding a google account which prompts me for google email and password, successfully signs in but when then I click on create account, nothing happens.

    I have tried multiple times but all in vain.
  3. #3  
    I had the same problem and what you have to do is sign in using your username not email. I think a coder effed up in coding that little piece of the OS
  4. #4  
    I think google account can only be added for paid or business members.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5. #5  
    For me seems like you can only sign on using only the primary email

    Quote Originally Posted by willrich354 View Post
    I had the same problem and what you have to do is sign in using your username not email. I think a coder effed up in coding that little piece of the OS
  6. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sk_gemini View Post
    I have not been able to add google account to quick office. I tried adding a google account which prompts me for google email and password, successfully signs in but when then I click on create account, nothing happens.

    I have tried multiple times but all in vain.
    Same problem. Trying anything other than email, credentials are rejected.
  7. #7  
    QuickOffice tweeted on June 11 that they would "try" to get editing for excel and word by "mid-summer"; guess that means it is not in the first OTA update. Have any beta testers been able to edit?
  8. #8  
    reviewing excel file with about 1200 rows brings touchpad to a stop. No charts, tables, etc... Just plane ol black text. Awful performace
  9. #9  
    It might be good to make this thread a sticky for QuickOffice bugs. Mods?
  10. #10  
    webos internals has apparently tweeted that they got Open Office to successfully work on the TouchPad (has spreadsheet editing etc).
    Things are about to change around here...
    gzinkl, Law00 and kayphoonstar like this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by willrich354 View Post
    I had the same problem and what you have to do is sign in using your username not email. I think a coder effed up in coding that little piece of the OS
    I really hope they specify this with the update. It's been driving me crazy. Not sure why it took me this long to do a thread search on it.

    ***Jumped the gun on this. I'm not a paid user, so I guess I don't get the benefit. Suxorz.***
  12. #12  
    I finally got my google docs added by using the accounts app. I am on a horrible wifi connection right now though, could only get 1 of 2 to add right now.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I finally got my google docs added by using the accounts app. I am on a horrible wifi connection right now though, could only get 1 of 2 to add right now.
    Still no google docs luck for me on Quickoffice. I have an open support ticket. So far their response doesn't seem to indicate any need for upgraded profile status to have this functionality.

    No matter the method I use, I'm not seeing the account on the home screen. Ever.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    reviewing excel file with about 1200 rows brings touchpad to a stop. No charts, tables, etc... Just plane ol black text. Awful performace
    I'm having the same problem with smaller spreadsheets. One that is about 100 rows long, 6 rows wide and another that is 5 rows long and 15 rows wide....
  15. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    I'm having the same problem with smaller spreadsheets. One that is about 100 rows long, 6 rows wide and another that is 5 rows long and 15 rows wide....
    Not, specifically, to draw too much comparison, but does anyone know how the iPad or Galaxy Tab fair with stats like this? It may be an issue of platform (i.e. tablet) capability, rather than platform (i.e. webOS) capability.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sk_gemini View Post
    I have not been able to add google account to quick office. I tried adding a google account which prompts me for google email and password, successfully signs in but when then I click on create account, nothing happens.

    I have tried multiple times but all in vain.
    I too have tired multiple times with no luck. I keep wondering whether anyone at HP even tested any of the apps before releasing the TouchPad or are we early adopters supposed to be their beta testers.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions